14.

•°•

•°•

Asterin knew that it would happen, about the whole them ignoring her existence when Teresa came, but she never thought it would come too soon.

Rolling her eyes she grabbed the boy's wrist stopping him from moving any further she soon noticed Minho by her side, "what is it with you huh? A death wish? We just got out now you want back in?" Said the keeper of the runners with frowned eyebrows, "I thought you were a dumbass but not this much." Replied the girl with crossed arms in front of her chest.

Thomas sighed softly before stepping towards them, "Newt said that no one has seen a griever and live to tell about it, right?" Both the teenagers stared at Thomas dumbfounded trying to understand what was going on in his genius yet dumb mind.

"Guys now we have one! You're telling me your not even a little bit curious?" He exclaimed looking between the duo, "not really, no." They replied in unison, Thomas on the other hand once again sighed and tried to push past them but was stopped by Asterin's hand on the boy's chest, "so what's the plan smartass? You're going back inside by yourself?" She asked stealing the question that was forming in Minho's lips.

"I will if I have to."

"Yeah, clearly." She fired back taking her hand off his chest, the sarcasm was so strong in her tone it was as if she sounded angry (in which she is) that she didn't even notice it, Thomas eyes softened as he turned to look at Minho  who was also staring at the girl as to why she's suddenly all aggressive.

"Are there any runners left?" He asked trying not to look at Asterin's annoyed face, "the other runners quit this morning." Turned the black haired boy to look at the runners who were absolutely useless and are currently talking to Gally, "yeah those shanks never did shit anyways, except drink that disgusting shit that looks like piss, stare like perverts, and sit the whole day on their lazy asses." She replied in disgust, they didn't do anything ever since she came. "I think it's time we find out what we're really up against." Thomas voice startled her, she immediately nodded without a second thought.

"You're not going back out there alone, meet me in the woods in half an hour." With that she ran off towards the kitchen with a fake smile placed on her soft lips, Thomas turned to look at Minho who was staring at the girl in worry, "did I hit my head or is she angry today?" He asked the runner who replied back without tearing his eyes away from the girl, "I think we both hit our head."

•°•

"Yo Fry!" She called the boy who turned around with a warm smile, "Yo Asterin, my girl, how are ya?" He asked wrapping his arm around the girl shoulder who had a small smile on her lips, "doin' good, for now. What about you?" She asked hoping on the counter and watching the boy clean the plates and utensils, "bored, but I'm glad you're here!" His smile warmed her heart and she couldn't help but smile back at him.

"So...since you're bored uhmm, do you want to come with me inside the maze?" She asked awkwardly, Frypan froze as he turned to the girl with wide eyes, "what?! Girl are you serious?!" He exclaimed watching as she immediately hoped off the counter and placed her hand on his mouth to keep him quiet. "Does it look like I'm joking? No. Please Thomas needs our help to check on the griever and all those runners quit this morning, please.." she begged the boy who stared at her pleading eyes for about 2 minutes.

"Fine. You look like a lost puppy." He rolled his eyes at the girl who smiled brightly at him, "thank you man! You're the best would you mind telling Winston and Zart maybe?" She asked with her hand wrapped around his arm, he thought for a while but soon nodded.

"I mean, yeah but isn't that against the rules?" He asked Asterin who rolled her eyes, "fuck them rules, anyways meet us in the woods in half an hour, thank you Fry!" She exclaimed hugging the boy one last time who wrapped his arm around her, "yeah yeah."

Making her way towards Chuck who's eyes immediately lit up once he saw the girl make her way towards him he greeted the older by wrapping his arms around her waist, Asterin chuckled before ruffling his curly soft brown hair, "hello darling." She replied, Chuck was one of the best people in the glade, he was adorable, a quirky, excitable kid, funny, and seemingly innocent kid.

And she felt so bad that he was sent to the maze at such a young age.

"I missed you so much, you have been working so hard in the maze!" He exclaimed turning to look at the girl who helped him fix up a nightstand, "yeah, well... listen buddy, you know that I trust you with my whole heart but I need your help." She said telling him the plan.

Chuck didn't think it was a good idea but if it was for Thomas and her, then he shall try. "So all I need to do is to not look suspicious and let him know that you guys went in the maze..... okay uhmm yeah sure." He said anxiously, Asterin smiled at him before pulling the kid to her embrace, "I believe in you Chuck, thank you kid." She spoke softly like an older sister, Chuck loved Asterin.

She may be aggressive, sassy and can be bossy but she was like his older sister, always caring and looking for everyone and everything, and Chuck felt loved. Newt was his older brother and now he has an older sister, he still needs parents but who cares if he has them? No one dares to say something about them cause they'll have to mess with him. That was what he said whenever he heard the boys talking about how hot Asterin was.

It was cute, seeing an angry Chuck with flushed cheeks.

She loved him. And he loved her.