4

•°•

•°•

Asterin hated how everyone thought, a girl can't do manly jobs, it was really annoying. Besides she already ran inside the maze and wasn't afraid until the screeching echoed around the place.

Asterin turned to look over at Minho who was leaning against the wall holding a paper, pen between his teeth chewing slightly and eyes narrowed, Asterin turned to look at him in confusion, what was he doing? eyeing him up and down Asterin's dark brown eyes stopped at his arms, he was wearing a very tight shirt, watching as the veins bulge each time he would move Asterin ears flushed red as she looked away choking on her own spit.

 Clearing her throat Asterin got up from the bed and made her way toward Minho trying to fight the thoughts and urge to look at his muscular form and not blush in front of him, grabbing the pen from his mouth she took it and threw it on the desk, Minho stared down at her with a smirk watching silently as she crossed her arms, his eyes trailed from her face down to her outfit, and onto her exposed stomach, her skin looked so soft and the fact that she had abs when she always in the kitchen is confusion yet is so attractive to him?

Gathering the courage, she spoke.

"I want to be a runner."

She said staring at him dead in the eyes without an blink nor stutter leaving her soft lips, she expected him to laugh and tell her how weak she is, but he stayed silent and stopped fiddling with his pen, and instead nodded with a raised eyebrow, he loved how strong she was and didn't think twice before asking him, it's usually him, Newt and Alby who choose the right ones.

"And why exactly?" He asked the girl before turning away from her with red cheeks, the way her brown eyes sparkled in joy when he nodded was adorable, "because I want to help you find a way out, duh~" She replied shrugging  slightly while rolling her beautiful eyes, "so was that a yes?" Asterin asked the boy with hope in her voice watching as Minho stared at the drawing he just did— of the maze.

Minho turned to look over at the girl after finally brushing away the blush in his cheeks, "I will not answer your question for now, probably tonight or tomorrow.." with that he brushed past her and to head towards the map room, he could hear Asterin jumping in happiness behind and muttering "yes!" Under her breath.

Stopping dead in his track, Minho turned to look over at the girl who was swaying her arms happily not even noticing him still behind, "I thought you hated me?" He chuckled once she turned around with wide eyes full of embarrassment.

Asterin stared at the boy outside with wide eyes, "what? I don't hate you, you're annoying." She snapped back, Minho smirked at the girl while tilting his head to the right with a raised eyebrow, the girl cheeks reddened as soon as she caught his eyes slide from her face to her stomach, wrapping the flannel around her body she turned away from him, "pervert." Muttering under her breath Asterin started closing the buttons before walking past him.

Minho didn't mean to make her uncomfortable but only did it so she can close it and nobody stares at her (knowing how weird the guys can be when she's the only girl in the glade) that's all, he rather die and get eaten by a griever than make her creeped out by him and make her thinks he's a weirdo.

•°•

Making his way inside the room Minho greeted the second in command, "Hey Minho, got any news? Found a way out?" Minho shook his head in response before sitting down with a huff on the chair, "No. Hey, I know you are the only one who is really close to Alby and I need a favor." A favor? Minho needs a favor? For once in his life he heard that come from his lips.

Newt raised his eyebrow before slightly nodding not sure if he should help him or no, "Asterin...wants to be a runner and I decided to give her a chance." Newt choked on his own spit as he stared at Minho with wide eyes trying to understand what Minho was currently saying cause he wasn't sure if the sun hit him or that he was dreaming.

Minho blinked waiting for Newt scolding but nothing came from him, "dude, answer me?" He rolled his eyes while snapping his finger in front of the second in command eyes snapping him out of thoughts, "No." Of course, he was going to disagree just like he always did, Minho appreciated how Newt cared about everyone in the glade mostly Asterin but he couldn't help but want her to be a runner and go with him inside the most dangerous place.

"Oh come on Newt, please, she will not stop asking me and you until you say yes, and you know it's annoying, I'll take her with me tomorrow, show her the rules and see if she's a good runner, when we come back you can talk with Alby about it, please, man I promise to keep an eye on her." He exclaimed with sincerity in his beautiful eyes, it was really strange, how he begged him for something he knew is dangerous.

Newt narrowed his eyes at Minho weirdly before nodding finally, "fine! I'll think about something, I'm only doing this for Asterin, I swear to god Minho if something happens to her, you're sleeping in the bloody maze." He glared harshly at the boy who nodded with a smirk, "I promise, thanks man." With that he was out of the room and making his way back to Asterin and his shared room, Newt on the other hand groaned in frustration befor throwing his head back, "what did I get myself into.." he muttered under his breath while letting out a loud sigh.

•°•

When Minho came inside the room smirking as he was about to tell the good news to Asterin he stopped dead in his track and watched her in silence, she was peacefully sleeping on his bed with her arms wrapped around her knees and her head leaned to the side and on the wall, she was uncomfortable in this position, but she was asleep.

Her lips pouted slightly as her head fell to the side, she was about to hit her head onto the wall but Minho's move was quicker as he placed his hand on her cheek preventing her from hitting her head against the wall, her cheek pressed slightly against his warm hand as a shiver ran down his spine—she was so pretty.

His eyes stopped on her lips and back up to her closed eyes, was he dreaming? Or is he dead and god decided to send him a guardian angel to help him? But he wasn't against it, he was happy that they finally sent a girl but he knew how awkward it would be when she's the only girl, but she was angelic and strong.

As far as he remembers, for the first time in his whole 3 years of being here, no one dared to be a runner until they are chosen, and Minho found her more attractive for being so confident, brushing his thoughts away Minho gently yet carefully picked her up before placing her on her bed, she didn't wake up, not even move under his grip, putting the cover on top of her Minho brushed the strand of hair that fell in front of her closed eyes and behind her ear.

"Goodnight, beautiful." He whispered before turning the lights off and making his way towards his own bed.

•°•
A/N; hey guys, sorry I couldn't post for a while since my father passed away but here you go<33 new chapter hope you enjoy it.