37.

•°•

•°•

The music was a rather joyful one and Asterin couldn’t help but think that Jorge has an amazing taste in music, a rather weird thing to think about right now, Jorge appeared out of nowhere and stood in front of the black-haired girl nodding at her reassuringly before hurrying them to follow him, the vintage music faded as they ran. “Right this way!” he said, slamming the two windows open revealing the open emptiness, the horrible cold air slapping their faces, and Frypan staring at the horizon in front of him with wide eyes, he always had a fear of high places and this wasn’t a good idea. “You gotta be kidding me!” he said.

“Plan B, hermano. You kids wanna get to the Right Arm? I’ll lead you to them. But you’re gonna owe me.” He warned pointing his finger at Asterin who nodded in hurry, “I promised you, bro, hurry the fuck up.” She said pulling down the thing they’ll use to slide down to the other building, Jorge was the first to move, Minho turned to look at the girl in worry who nodded reassuringly even if she could feel the nerve bubbling in her veins, “I’ll be after you.” She said pushing towards the thing, he rushed back to her placing a kiss on her forehead before sliding down a rope, it was exciting especially how the cold night air slapped his face as he slid, Jorge caught him carefully, then was Newt, Aris, Teresa and Frypan who was shaking badly, Asterin flicked his forehead and cupped his cheek, “bro chill out, just imagine you’re in an amusement park or is flying, just slide down and hold this tightly” she said watching the boy panicking, “man, I hate amusement park!” he said nodding, breathing in and out he followed the rest of the gladers screaming like a 5-year-old kid. 

Brenda suddenly wasn’t by her side and disappeared out of nowhere, she whistled getting everyone's attention from the building far and immediately turned to look at Thomas, “go find her!'' With that, the boy ran to look for the girl, “BRENDA DISAPPEARED? PLAN C!” she yelled loud enough and Jorge immediately understood her words and started panicking especially when the trio disappeared and will soon be surrounded by W.C.K.D. “Brenda! You’ll get us killed, move your ass!” she yelled, appearing by the duo's side and turning around facing straight with guards aiming their guns at them, both the girls started shooting.

The trio ran trying so hard not to get shot by those electric bullets, dodging every single one that was shot, the duo ran after Brenda down the stairs trying so hard not to trip, guards following close behind and Brenda suddenly stopped, other masked men came out from in front of them blocking their only way out, the only thing beside were railings and the girl immediately started walking on them, Thomas startled by the move and afraid to trip if he started walking on it but eventually followed making sure to keep an eye on Asterin who skillfully moved and tried so hard not to look down and lose her balance, a guard was about to catch her and if she didn’t kick him, he would’ve caught her.

Thomas steps hurried and Brenda was calling out for them to hurry before the song is almost over, as soon as the music stopped the sound of electricity crackling startled the ex-runners, and an exploding was set sending every single guard inside flying and Asterin ran towards the duo who reached for her, her foot slid and if she hadn’t caught herself she would’ve died. Poles started falling to the ground and everything broke at once, the trio tried so hard not to fall as they felt the ground under their feet shake and fall.