Chapter 20: Meeting an Autistic Child

August 3, 2022, 12:44 PM
???
???

(1st POV)
...
...
...

"...hello?"

...
...
...

"...hello, marshmellow? Hello?"

...who? Who's calling me marshmellow? And what's that voice?

*Poke* *Poke*

As I woke up, I saw an odd, but familiar sight.

A floating figure, about 2 feet in height, with a vaguely familuar face

A floating figure, about 2 feet in height, with a vaguely familuar face. The thing also had a cape that seem to have the appearance of a galaxy, dotted with stars.

Wait a minute- I wonder... could it be that the figure that's floating over me be...

...Paimon? The mascot and suspicious emergency food of Teyvat of Genshin Impact?

If so, then what's she doing here? Because I'm pretty sure that she's supposed to be assisting the traveler in finding their sibling. Not in here trying to wake me up and calling me marshmellow.

"MARSHMELLOW! WAKE UP! WHERE IS THE FOOD?"

Ok, I think that I should respond now. But first, where am I- oh, seems like I'm back in the Dreamworld.

No signs of Sakura, however, which is good. I do wonder where he is, though...

(No one's POV)
As Paimon is floating above (Y/N)'s head, he slowly floats up, and noticed the small emergency food mascot.

"Paimon? Is that you?" (Y/N) mumbled, rubbing his head.

"Yeah, that's me. Though I do wonder how you knew my name before we even introduced ourselves to each other," Paimon asked.

"I have my reasons. Anyways, my name is Josephi Shinano, though you can call me either Shinano or (Y/N), an unofficial nickname my two funny bros call me," (Y/N) responded.

"Hi, Outlander (Y/N)! My name's Paimon, and I'm from Teyvat! Where are you from?" Paimom replied.

"I'm from Japan, though I now live in the United States. Currenly, though, we're in the Dreamworld, a strange realm that I have no idea how to explain," (Y/N) responded.

"Japan? United States? Where is that? And the Dreamworld? I never heard of such a place," Paimon questioned the floating shrine maiden/SEAL.