Chapter 44

A/N
Hey! I have been reading some of my other chapters, and I realized there are lots of mistakes and typos and things, as well as confusing changes in the tenses (present tense, past tense, etc)so I will be editing a lot of it soon:) alsooo..... WOW I DIDN'T MEAN TO MAKE THIS STORY SO LONG I'M ALREADY AT 40+ CHAPTERS OOPS AND THANKS SO MUCH FOR 800 READS!!!!

Prim's POV

Being at the Hawthorne's house wasn't too bad, I guess. I mean it could've been worse. After Rory rescued me from playing with Posy, we talked about Katniss and Gale. Then Hazelle celebrated by buying a cake from the Mellark's. Rory said Katniss was acting dumb, which I got angry over of course. I had thrown my hands in the air, accidentally smacking Vick, who toppled onto a quietly playing Posy. Posy was crying, Vick was rubbing his nose, and Rory and I were both certainly mad, squabbling over Katniss and her actions. (He said that she was acting like a stupid, silly girl during interviews and why does she like Gale, blah blah) I stomped away, and Rory walked out and slammed the door, which shocked Hazelle, which sent the beautiful cake flying into the air and smashing on top of my mother. Oh well.

I don't have time to worry about it, because Peeta, Sali and I are meeting at the Meadow for a picnic, and then we'll go to the train station to welcome Katniss! I apologize to Hazelle and help clean up my mom. I sneak a lick of the frosting when no one is watching, and quickly wipe up the pieces of cake that ended up on the dirty floor. Rory and Vick shoot me dirty looks, so I secretly smear cake on their beds and sleeping pillows and leave.
-----------------------------------
"Prim! Prim!" I hear a voice call out. I slowly turn my head around to find Sali screaming and waving his arms around like a monkey, while Peeta follows, hauling a basket of food and a blanket. We find a nice, shady spot on the grass, near a pretty patch of dandelions. I eagerly open up the basket to find bread and cheese and thin slices of meat... Soon enough, we are all full and content and laughing. Today, I know, will be a very good day despite the lousy morning.
------------------------------------
The silver train door slides open, giving off a whirring sound. I have never seen anything so majestic in my life! The train is like a long, sleek dragon in the fairytale books. First, a tall man steps out. He has dark skin and hair, with gold eyeliner. Capitol man. Next is Effie, who squawks on relentlessly, with wild hand gestures. Then Haymitch, who staggers out blindly, with a glass in his hand, followed by a sullen Gale. Then finally...

"KATNISS!!!" I shriek, scrambling towards her as she runs to me. We meet in a tight embrace, sobbing all over eachother.

"Prim, Prim, Primrose," she mumbles into my hair repeatedly, hugging me closer. My mother joins us, and we become a trio of arms, tears, and "I love you's".

A/n
filler filler filler filler filler :)