Chapter 32

Prims POV
My mother's facial expressions are kind of hilarious. First she looks scared to death, then her eyes come alight with excitement, then she looks shocked. If only the situation itself weren't hilarious, then I could laugh. She still hasn't told us who the girl, Levia is. And as Katniss and Levia write to eachother, I am quite puzzled.

"Why is she writing? Can't she just talk?" I ask, somewhat annoyedly. I really want to know what they're talking- no, writing about. It's really listening to one half of a conversation because Katniss is speaking, while Levia hurriedly scribbles her answer down.

"It's complicated, Primrose." My mother tells me. Primrose? She only ever called me Primrose when something was up. Or when she was lying about something. I would usually plead and beg her to tell me, but I just turn and talk to Peeta and Sali, while Mrs. Mellark and my mom whisper to each other in hushed, nervous voices. As if they had a huge secret and were afraid the wrong person would hear it.

"Primrose," Sali began, as I glared at him. He corrected himself. "Prim, look. Your sister is in a dangerous situation here, the first being the actual Games." Peeta and I both roll our eyes. "The second is it's the end of the Games, and the third is that now your cousin is there with your sister." Cousin? My mother squints evilly at Sali.

"What do you mean, cousin?" I ask again, puzzled. My mom groans and explains, which takes a long while. Thankfully all Katniss and Levia are doing is sitting there.

"I had a sister, who was very dear to me. We grew up together with our broth-with our parents, and were the best of friends. Me, her, and Madge's mother and sister were inseparable. Her sister was then reaped for the Games with Haymitch." When she says Haymitch's name, I can hear her falter for a slight second. "We grew up, had our own families and careers. Madge's mom married Mayor Undersee, my sister married a man with the last name Daymont, but he abandoned them and ran off in the woods. Levia and Katniss were pretty much best friends the day they were old enough to sit up. When Levia was five, you were barely one, her mother ran off to go find her husband. The Capitol caught her and killed her. You probably don't remember all of this. It's better that you don't. Anyway, Levia stayed with us for a while, then one day she disappeared. We never knew what happened to her, until now. I can't believe she survived. She was just about to turn six when she left. And now, I think she's an Avox."

A/N
okay so this is a super short and boring chapter lol but yeah:/ hope yall enjoy it. I can't believe I am almost to 600 reads!!! I was so happy when I got 40 reads! And now its doubled over and over again! I can't thank you enough everyone! and sorry for dragging you in this business but im crying rn BECAUSE SHAWN MENDES ISN'T GONNA BE AT MY STOP FOR THE 1989 WORLD TOUR OMG SO SAD I WAS SO LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING HIM AND NOW I PROBABLY NEVER WILL *insert crying emoji here* AND I LOVE HIM SO MUCH OMG HOW COULD HE GO TO THE SAN DIEGO SHOW BUT NOT THE LA ONE WHYY okay bye sorry for that:/
~sugarsweetswiftie~