Chapter 38

PRIMS POV

We left my mother alone for awhile. Katniss won. She actually won. And my mother is still lying on the ground unconscious. I know I should be excited, but I feel nothing. Numb. Maybe because my mother is lying on the groun, maybe because I am so shocked that Katniss actually won. Everyone else around me seems to feel the same way. My mother and I practically lived in the Mellark's home when the Games began to end, and I have only seen Mr. Mellark once the whole time. I wonder how the Hawthorne's are doing. Surely Posy and Vick and Rory will be cheering and Hazelle crying joyful tears.

The television blares. "Citizens of Panem! This is Caesar Flickerman and Claudius Templesmith, you annual Hunger Games hosts! Now, wasn't this an exciting game, Claudius?" Caesar turns to Claudius and his curly hair.

"Yes, Caesar. It was! I can't believe there were THREE victors this year!"

"Oh, yes. That was an amazing feat! Everyone just adores our girl on fire, Katniss Everdeen. She IS a wonderful role model."

"Yes, of course, of course. Aren't you excited to see our little victor on fire and her handsome boyfriend?" Claudius winks at the camera. Boyfriend? I glance at Peeta, who cringes but plasters on a huge smile. Claudius and Caesar go on, discussing the highlights of the Games and so on.

Fortunately, my mother stirs, her eyelids flutter open. She looks happy, then her peaceful face instantly rearranges itself into a face of grief and worry. She stutters faintly, as if bad news might knock her right out again. "Wh-what happened?"

A/N
okie well this was boring and super short. i apologize for updating like, once a week lol but apparently homework is first priority? like who ever heard of that. jk love you and thanks for reading! i still cant believe ive gotten over 800 reads in such a short time!
~sugarsweetswiftie aka jamie:)