I look down. So she did look into me all these years.

"Not just you actually", She said suddenly.

I look up. "I looked into Sebastian and our sons too. I just couldn't tell them that", She whispered.

"What?", I asked skeptically.

She exhales deeply. "For all the years I was married, I was not part of the mafia entirely, but I did make connections that were proved to be helpful after we divorced. Your father and uncle know this", She said looking at me.

"What connections?", I asked with a frown.

She shrugged. "Underworld connections, just like you guys have. I tried to find Mason before he contacted Troy", She replied.

I was surprised.

"How do you think I came to know about their kidnapping? It didn't come in the news or paper. Rowan didn't tell me", She said with a light smile.

Hmm

"Your order", The waiter from earlier arrived with our order and placed it on the table before leaving.

Susan glanced at me. "I have been blamed a lot of times for being a bad mother and I've always fiercely opposed them. But somewhere deep down I knew they weren't wrong. I just feared to accept it", She admitted.

I was actually appreciating the fact that atleast she admits it. It's good to know she's aware of it.

"It stings", She sighs. "They hatred on their faces when they see me. But what can I do about it", She whispered dejectedly.

I glance outside the window looking at the busy streets before facing her back. "You can apologise", I suggest.

She looks up at me.

"Apology goes a long way. It may work or it may not. But I think saying sorry is better than not saying it at all", I shrugged.

She nods agreeing with me. "You think they'll forgive me? Your father and my sons?", She asked with a hope in her eyes.

"How would I know?", I whispered with a sad smile.

She chuckled. "You seem to know them very well now. I can see how much they love you. Seb, Rowan and every single one of your brother is fond and protective of you", She smiled a bit.

I nod. "I know. As I am to them", I reply.

"So. You think they will ever?", She asked again.

I sighed deeply. "Susan I have known about your for a month. My brothers and father have for years. I can't really predict what may happen. But maybe..they won't anytime soon", I said honestly.

She exhales a shattered breath clearly heartbroken.

"Eventually they might", I continued.

She looks up immediately. "You think? I really hope too", She said.

I nod slowly.

For some reason I thought I really have no say in this. While I'm a part of the family, it's really between them and her. Whatever happened years ago was between them.

"So", I began. She looks at me. "You just going to leave tomorrow without seeing the others?", I ask.

She shakes her head. "No, of course not. I thought after I speak to you I'll go meet them", She replied.

I nod, actually glad.

She gestured me have the pizza. I didn't have to be offered twice.

After we ate, I drive us to the Kingston house. We didn't talk much on the way over there. She was in her own thoughts while I was in mine.