before steve could reply, they saw max and dustin rush into the store. they both looked like they were on a mission.

"hey, steve." dustin said.

"you guys see this?" steve asked dustin referring to the news segment about the murder.

"how many phones do you have?" dustin asked, ignoring him.

"someone was murdered." steve said.

rebecca and max made eye contact and exchanged smiles. they both had been through a lot the past few months.

"how many phones do you have?" dustin asked again.

"two. why?" steve asked him.

"technically three, if you count keith's in the back." robin chimed in.

"yeah, three works." max told dustin.

"what are you doing?" steve asked.

dustin didn't say anything, he threw his backpack over the counter and knocked over the movies.

rebecca had a confused look on her face as she watched dustin hop over the counter.

"woah! what are you-" steve tried to say but robin cut him off.

"my pile!" robin said.

"no, no, no! my tapes! dude. what are you doing, man?" steve asked after dustin sat down at the computer.

"setting up base of operations here." dustin said.

"base of operations?" robin asked.

rebecca climbed over the counter after max did and they gathered around dustin.

"stop. get off of that." steve told dustin, referring to the computer.

"no, i need it." dustin argued.

"need it for what?" steve asked him.

"looking up eddie's friends' phone numbers." dustin said.

"eddie munson?" rebecca asked as robin nodded.

"oh, eddie. your new best friend you think is cooler than me because he plays your nerdy game?" steve asked.

"someone sounds jealous." rebecca joked but steve didn't laugh.

"yes. i never said that." dustin told steve.

"seriously, you guys, maybe on a monday you can play around in here like toddlers, but it's saturday. it's our busiest day." robin said.

"all right, look. robin, i totally empathize, but this cannot wait until monday." dustin said.

"what? cause calling all of eddie's friends is an emergency?" robin asked him.

"correct!" dustin shouted back.

"you want me to strange him or you wanna do it?" steve asked robin.