xxx. you're the only thing that's keeping me alive

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?"

***

"y/n!"

"severus."

"y/n!"

"what have you done?"

"i had to."

"please..."

echoes running through your head.

you were dazed and confused.

how did you get there? how were you lying lifeless on the floor?

"please...don't leave me out there!"

"don't leave out in that ruthless world."

"i am hated there, just take me with you."

"please...kill me."

was that him?

***

severus shifted in the bed, you weren't there. he got up slowly, looking over at the empty space in his bed. he knew where you were, he went downstairs and he then found you sat by the fireplace. you were staring into the flames, severus approached you slowly and took a hold at your hands.

"y/n." he called softly to you.

you looked up and saw your husband. he had been worried for you, the past few nights you had been having nightmares and you were helpless to your own mind.

"i can't sleep, they're getting worse." you mumbled. he held you as you slowly succumbed to his touch.

"i'm here y/n." he comforted you in his embrace, you relaxed slowly in his arms and a small smile appeared to your face.

"come my love." he helped you up and lead you to your favourite place in your home. the rooftop, that was the place you seeked out escapism.

all the stars had been up in the air, greeting down at the loved couple. your small smile perked even more as you took in the night sky.

in a way, this was the place that you both needed to to get away from. you looked down at severus' arm, the death eater mark had been burning and hurting him.

"it's so beautiful up here." you said.

"it always is." he admitted, those nights were the most peaceful, where the world was filled with a serene silence and he found you right there in his arms.

as he looked down at you, he couldn't help but let himself smile in your embrace. you looked so gentle, so warm and that was the thing he loved the most.

"he's coming soon." you mumbled, severus' expression dropped to a frown.

he could be the happiest man alive, but his fate was bound to the deatheaters.

it had been like this since he was a teenager. he had tried to leave this ruthless cult for years but he couldn't.

when he found out about the order, he was quick to join the moment that he found out of his first love's death. killed in the grasps of voldemort's hands.

severus had to complete ruthless tasks for both sides, but his loyalty lied within hogwarts. no matter how much torment he went at that school, that was where severus' passions lied. he had no choice in doing such things, especially killing dumbledore.