viii. do you know what i'm seeing ?

"EMPTINESS"

***

you and severus had been together for 3 months, your relationship was still pretty new to the both of you. you hadn't loved anyone before, and severus was on the other end. whilst he had loved another before, it didn't work out for him.

perhaps it was far too early for him to love another. it was what he always thought, but every time he looked over at you; every time you smiled and gave him that affection he so desired it made him warm inside.

"hey sev! do you want to go to tomes and scrolls with me?" you offered. severus looked up from his copy of the daily prophet and nodded.

he looked outside the window, it didn't look as if it was going to rain but he figured he could bring an umbrella just in case.

"don't worry, i'll bring a small umbrella." you said, packing it instantly.

that warm feeling of his coming back again. it was as if you could read his mind, he was quite lucky to have you.

once you both made your way to the bookshops, you had a look around. picking up a book and reading a few pages when you had the chance. when severus arrived at the store he looked around, there was something off about the place.

it was as if he had been here before, he could almost see her. and it wasn't you.

the doe.

"lily..." he mumbled. you looked up tilting your head slightly.

"are you okay sev?" you asked.

"i'm fine y/n." he said, you nodded and eventually went up the staircase where more books had been placed neatly on the bookshelf.

he heard a giggle, "no no, not that one!" a voice said, he turned back. that ginger hair.

"lily?" he called out only audible for him to hear. but it turned out to be a stranger, my god he was seeing things again.

he frowned, looking at the rows of bookshelves. he analysed all the spines of the books, which was her favourite?

"did you find anything yet?" you went upstairs to find severus who had been looking aimlessly around the shop. he had been doing so for about 20 minutes, you assumed he had been searching for a book but you felt as if it was something else.

severus shook his head. you took his hand, giving him a warm smile. "come on...lets go and find ourselves a book." you said, leading him to one of the many bookshelves. you picked up a brown leatherbound book, you didn't know what it was. you'd have to read it when you get home.

"ready to go?" severus asked. you nodded, bringing the book to the front and paying for it. once you both returned home, severus had brought himself upstairs. you watched him as he then closed the door.

what was wrong with him? you frowned and walked to the kitchen.

you saw severus come back downstairs, you stop him in tracks.

"is everything okay sev?" you asked.

severus only nodded, walking off in the garden and sat on the grass, taking in all the nature.

suddenly he looked over and saw a baby doe come out of the woods. upon looking at it, he realized what he was feeling.

he was feeling empty.

***

"hey, you are hurt! are you okay?" severus called. the 11 year old boy approached the ginger haired girl.