xxv. it's our time now if you want it to be

"RAINY DAYS"

***

"again. mister finnegan you fail to impress." severus sighed.

students were giggling at seamus' failed attempt to make the calming draught.

"10 points from gryffindor." he said.

the gryffindor students around him groaned and were close to throw their papers at the boy who exploded his cauldron for the 3rd time in severus' class.

the 4th year sighed, knowing what his predicament would be. detention and he'd have to clean the cauldrons without magic.

once he dismissed the 4th years, severus went back to his desk to mark the points deducted from each house. hufflepuff lost 20 points, ravenclaw lost 10 points, slytherin lost 12 points and gryffindor lost 40 points. his distain for gryffindor was showing and every student could tell. it was inevitable that he would do such a thing.

as potions professor, he saw the outcomes and progress of all the students from first year all the way through to seventh year. there had been talks of hogwarts having an eighth year, but that was all to be announced.

for once severus thought this was an adequate idea to say the least, whilst the workload wouldn't change but the classes would be much smaller and he was able to give out his attention to those who selected his advanced potions class.

only time would tell in that moment.

severus had to teach up to 24 classes a week,

snape has to teach 24 classes a week. one two hour class and a single one hour class, divided between the 4 houses. from first to fifth year and he would eventually do the same with his sixth and seventh year classes.

36 long and gruelling hours in that classroom. it had been the same thing pretty much all day. but something changed in his life, he didn't expect someone like you to break that routine.

you were the kind and friendly muggle studies professor, who would often greet him by the front door of his class, bring him dinner during the times of exhaustion, helped him out in the times of need.

whenever any student would see you two together, they would undoubtedly be bewildered at the fact that severus snape, the potions bat actually had a social life.

he found himself for once happy that you were around but when you had to go and teach, it made him sad.

he only found himself yearning for your company.

he looked over at the schedule he had planned.

a meeting with the order was planned tonight. he sighed to himself, rubbing off any tiredness that occurred to him.

severus never thought of himself. his work had practically dominated his entire life, the only thing different was you.

and that was a good thing.

he saw you at the door of his classroom.

"heya sev." you said, your smile warmed his heart and his day had instantly been made.

"miss l/n, come in please...i saved you a seat." he said as he gestured a seat opposite his desk, you approached the chair and sat down.

you brought out a small box, severus looked down at the box and opened it. inside there was two pots of blancmange, accompanied with some pain du chocolats.