vii. hands all over

"POTIONS"

***

arithmancy. professor vector. you. 6th year.

that was essentially where it all began.

"wrong, wrong and wrong again l/n!" the stern professor exclaimed.

you stayed silent, the class seemed to have frozen in time. "can you not answer a single question right?" she said.

"professor that's what it says on my notebook." you said calmly.

"silence!" she screamed. your whole class couldn't help but cringe at the verbal face off between you and professor vector.

once the bell had rung for lunch, your class had left except for you. you were forced to stay back.

you never argued with any of your teachers but professor vector always clashed with you, no matter how much respect you had given her, your patience and façade was wearing thin around the lady and you could snap at any moment.

she lectured about how you weren't performing well in this class, how everything was a problem to you and that you simply didn't want to be here. in truth, you didn't. it was the only class left to take electively, either way you had no choice.

"you're a failure y/n. you'll never pass this class, and let me tell you...it's a rough world out there and you won't last. you'll fail this year and the years onwards. much like your father did, the stubborn cow didn't last...he couldn't resist me and look where that mudblood himbo got, your father got nowhere. he failed. you know that miss l/n. you'll fail hogwarts, those 7 years will go to was you'll never make it in the wizarding world." she exclaimed.

your lips were left slightly agape. shock ran through your body. you would have usually retaliated back but you didn't. you grabbed your things and walked out, tears streaming down your face. your feet dragged onwards, you didn't know where you were going but in your heart you knew that you were taking yourself to severus' classroom.

severus had been the one you loved, you knew that your relationship with him had to be kept under wraps but the moments that you were together were the ones that lasted.

you saw the door open, it wasn't closed like it normally would have been. severus looked up from his work and he saw you. he would have usually greeted you and you'd stay with him but worry grew on his face. severus knew that usually you would come in, venting about how you could hex professor vector to the moon and back, and he would advise you in the right direction.

this looked as if it was the last straw.

he grabbed his wand and locked the door of his classroom. you laid your body against the wall, sliding down as you then curled into a ball and cried. your tears could flood the whole classroom. severus got up and was at your side. he held you as your tears dropped rapidly.

"just let it all out y/n, its okay." he soothed you. "you're safe here with me. you can let all your tears out." he said.

he wavered a silencing charm in the case that you needed to let out any anger and there was no doubt that you were. you let out some screams here and there, exclaiming that you hated this teacher. severus calmed you down, telling you it was all okay.

you were safe with him, that was what you had figured. just being around him made you feel content.

severus grabbed a calming draught from beside him and handed it you, letting you drink the potion whenever you were ready. you drank some of the potion and within seconds your sobs became quieter, you lifted your head and looked up at him, your eyes all glossy from the tears.