xxii. i really should be holding you, loving you

"TOUCH STARVED"

***

you slumped on severus' chair, the weight of the world finally being off your shoulders.

the start of the summer holidays. you tilted your head upside down to find your husband with two cups at hand, you got up and took the cup from his grasp and let him sit down, you sat down on the arm rest, taking occasional sips.

"finally." you said.

"how does it feel?" severus asked.

"relieved in all honesty. another year of hogwarts is done... well until september." you said.

you couldn't help but let yourself relax, the tension in the air finally disappearing. once you finished your drink, you shifted and found yourself sat on severus' lap. you were playing around with severus' hair as he found himself fixated on a crossword he had been working.

"hmm, 9 letter word for love." he had been mumbling to himself about the crossword for a while.

"what direction is it going in?" you asked.

"its 12 across, a 9 letter word for love." severus answered.

"oh that's easy, the word is adoration." you said. severus had been slightly convinced but when he filled in the letters, he was surprised that you had even known such a word.

you had been well versed in literature and the english language, so this wasn't new to you.

"you clever girl." he said, playing with the ends of your hair. you giggled as you rested on his shoulder, watching him swiftly finish the crossword.

"you know people usually do something on the first day of the summer holidays." you said.

"true, but we're not just people." he admitted, his eyes shifting to yours as he put the crossword to one side and giving you all his attention.

"i know, maybe we can go on a day out or maybe try a hobby perhaps." you suggested.

"if you drag me to that kids daycare again-"

you giggled and shook your head, "that won't happen again sev." you said.

"if you'd like we can always go somewhere you desire." he offered.

"no no, we don't have to do that all today. we have all summer to do that, and besides i quite enjoy this." you admitted.

in all honesty, you enjoyed being around severus almost all the time. whilst you had both made the unbreakable vow before your marriage, you knew severus had gotten cold feet the day before your wedding. past thoughts that shouldn't have come back, made a reappearance.

but you were quick to stand by him and that whilst his past cannot be entirely erased, you both knew that the present and the future was the best way forward.

"i quite like these days where we're cooped up by your chair by the fireplace." you said.

severus' home in spinners end was more than enough, though your husband insisted on selling the place and moving somewhere more comfortable to your liking. but his home was the best place there was.

as you played around with his hair, severus couldn't bring himself to pick up the crossword and put his attention on the activity, his attention was all on you. you peppered kisses all over his face, giving him all the affection he didn't have before.