Chapter fourteen part one

ANTHONY'S POV!!!!

===================================================================================

We walked through the forest for a quite a long time, the heat from the blazing sun beating down upon us all making it an uncomfortable journey as sweat dripped from us all. The others were all having hushed conversations between one and other to pass the time, but I wasn't in the mood for any of that. I just wanted to come and get my granddaughter then go, leave this place for ever and to never have to return.

I will admit that the forest was an absolutely beautiful place to be, with all its various different breeds of trees dotted about us and the wild flowers spurting up through the earth. And all the various little animals that scurry around the forest's floor, even the birds in the trees singing there beautiful songs. But even this beauty wasn't enough to get me to want to come here again any time soon. 

If it wasn't for this cursed realm my son wouldn't have been forced to flee from his very own home, he could have stayed here and been happy. He could have been the king of my people, my kingdom. But Lianna made sure that would never happen, she made sure that his life was hell. She took away his chance of having a normal marriage with Betty, filled with the birth's of all his children that he could have had.

I don't regret him having Liza, she is the main reason for me to survive this cruel life. She was one of the few people who could bring a smile to my sad face, I don'teven have to see her face for her to make me smile. Just thinking of her bought joy in my life. But if I had to choose who to be alive right now, her or my son I don't know what I would do, who I would choose. Her father was my son, my only child, but she is my only grand child. Its something that I'm glad I never have to choose, her life or my sons.

"How much further do we have to go?" Crystal asked me, pulling me out of my morbid thoughts. "Sorry, what?" I asked her, not hearing what she had actually said to me. "How much further do we have to go?" she repeated for me with a smile on her face. "I'm not sure" I admitted with a frown. It would be so much easier if I actually knew what direction to go, right now were searching blindly for Liza.

"Are you okay?" she asked me, noticing the look on my face. "Yes, I'm fine" I lied with a forced smile on my face. I didn't want to trouble her with my silly thoughts. "We will find her" she said, guessing that I was thinking only of Liza and getting her home safe. If only Crystal actually knew of all the thoughts I had running through my head now. "I know we will" I said, trying to sound a little more cheerful.

We walked in silence after that, neither of us knowing what to say to each other. Anything I say would only make me more depressed and worried, I didn't want to make Crystal as depressed as I was. I would bet my life that she was thinking about Liza right now, hoping that she was okay. She's quite fond of her, but I also think that she is thinking of Damen and little Angel. That little child has come into our lives and taken over all of our hearts.

Eventually we came to a stop, it was starting to get dark and we still hadn't found any hints that Liza was anywhere near. "Lets set up a camp" I said to the whole group, letting them finally have a break. There was nowhere better for us to sleep tonight, here we have a soft leaf covered earth for us to sleep on and a river to get some fresh water.

"I'll go and get someone to make a fire" Crystal said to me with a smile on her sweet face before walking away. I watched as everyone scurried about, fetching wood for a fire and filling there decanters with fresh water. Some went out into the forest a little further to hunt so we have something to eat. The majority of the people in my kingdom know how to hunt and look after themselves in a forest, they learn the basic survival skills in school. Just in case something like this happens. Its better to be prepared.