Dream walker-part three

Thank you to @LawsAngel for the chapter name XD

================================================================================

The ball started when we got to the bottom of the stairs in the entrance hall way, between all the doors of the different rooms of this floor. It all looked so beautiful and elegant. I mean I know it always did look beautiful in this entrance way but even more so tonight. All the people looked beautiful too, though I had no clue who any of them were.I bet even if they took there masks off I still wouldn't recognise them as people I know.

The walls and ceilings were covered in decorations, not the cheep tacky ones that you get at other parties but expensive silver, black and of curse purple ones. The streamers looked like they were made of silk, and knowing Anthony they most likely were. The women here were all wearing different dresses in all the different colours you could get. The men were wearing black penguin suits so they all blended together, but you could tell the suits were expensive. Like they cost more than my moms house back home, and believe me that was not a cheap purchase. And all of them had masks painted on there faces. The women had colourful masks like mine on but the men all had plain black ones painted on there's.

As a result I couldn't recognise a single person here, but because that man at the top of the stairs introduced us, everyone here now knew who I was.  And with the dress I was wearing I wasn't a hard person to miss. "Do want to dance my love?" Damen asked me with a smile on his face. "I cant dance, remember" I said nervously. "I know, but I can. Let me lead" he said, still smiling. I loved his smile and usually it got me to do anything he wanted, but I wasn't so sure if it would work right now.

"There are too many people here to watch us, if I mess up they will all see" I explained. Every person I looked at looked away from me quickly, like they were trying to hide the fact they were just staring at me. Way to make a girl self conscious. I couldn't make a fool out of myself here, I would not only embarrass myself but Anthony and the family too. And with us being the royal family it would be bad thing to do.

"You wont mess up, I wont let you don't worry" He said in a reassuring tone. I knew that I couldn't go the whole night without having to dance at least once at some point tonight so reluctantly I agreed. I may as well get it out of the way now rather than later on. He placed my hand that was linked with his one arm in his free hand and walked me into the ball room to dance.

The ball room looked even better than the entrance hall we were just standing in, the decorations were also hanging everywhere in here. There was a large table filled with finger food for people to snack on thou it looked like no one had been anywhere near it. And waiters walking round with trays filled of food and wine. And I'm guessing the glasses filled with the thick red inviting looking liquid was blood.

There were around a hundred people in here, all wearing masks and most of them were dancing. Seeing so many people on the dance floor made me feel a little bit better about having to dance, because we could hide amongst them. Damen finally came to a stop in the middle of the dance floor and turned to face me with a happy smile covering his handsome face. "Smile my love" he said whilst pulling me towards him and placing his free hand on my waist. Remembering how he taught me to dance on our picnic date I placed my free hand on his shoulder. He started us off with a slow dance, we we were pretty much standing on the spot and swaying to the slow music.

It wasn't as bad as I thought, no one was laughing at me. At least I couldn't hear any laughter, and when I did I knew it wasn't directed at us. I suppose that I could get used to this dancing lark if I had to. Oh I should have asked Anthony or my mom to get someone to teach me to dance. At least then I might have been a little better.