Chapter 57 - Dying Flame

Start from the beginning

"To hell with fighting. I won't train with him. I won't even be in the same room with him until he learns a lesson!" Lucius insisted as he kept walking away, going inside the empty house as everyone was outside still. A smile drew on his lips when he went inside, closing his eyes as even through the closed door he could still hear Noah laughing, and calling for him all at the same time. He was embarrassed with Noah laughing at him, but at the same time grateful that Noah was actually laughing genuinely, he'd been waiting for it since he'd gotten there. Waiting for his Noah to stop being so gloomy and sad.

Later that day, Rob walked up to Noah, finding him alone for once since Lucius's return. He took a seat beside him as he said, "I think I'm going to go away for a while."

"Go where?" Noah asked in confusion.

"Back to the bar, maybe. It's been a few years." Rob said.

"Rob, you look the same-..."

"I was hoping you'd help me with that." Rob told him with a small smile, "You know, use that spell you spoke about before, to make me look older."

"But why?" Noah asked with a frown.

Rob bit the inside of his cheek before he said, "You are fine now. You have Lucius back. You don't need me around anymore."

"That's not true-..." Noah started saying when he was cut off.

"Noah, it is." Rob said with a smile, "And I am so happy that you are laughing again. Being so carefree. I worried you wouldn't be like that again. I missed that part of you. A real laugh. I truly missed it. Only he can do that."

"He said the same about you before." Noah reminded.

"He was wrong." Rob said, "Besides, I think it is time for me to try and find my Lucius out there, don't you think?"

"Sorry." Noah muttered after a moment, making Rob glance at him, "I'm sorry I am always selfish when it comes to you. Knowing how you feel, I still forget when Lucius is around." Noah admitted.

Rob smiled sadly as he said, "I am happy for you, but I have to move on too, you know."

"Okay." Noah said, "But you will have to be careful. If I need to use my powers, or if we get attacked, I might not be able to keep the spell going and you will look the same way you do now again."

"I'll watch out. But I don't think it would be that much of a problem. I plan to expand the bar, open another branch. So I'd be traveling soon. Finding a new location and what not." Rob explained, "But you have to promise to call if anything happens. I will be here the moment you need me again."

Noah smiled at him, pulling him in for a hug as he said, "I am so grateful to have you as a friend,
Rob. You mean so much to me, I hope you know that."

"Same goes for you." Rob muttered, patting Noah on the back before he got up. "I will be leaving tonight after dinner. Got to say goodbye or Lazarus would get mad."

"Okay." Noah nodded.

***

A few days went by since Noah told Lucius about what he was feeling, but Lucius couldn't stop thinking about it. He placed his plate in the sink before rounding the island, looking towards Noah who was just coming into the kitchen from the dining room, a plate and glass in his hands as he also made his way to the sink.

"Noah, we should talk." Lucius said, watching Noah turn to him with a frown.

"About what?" he asked, stepping aside from the sink as the others one by one brought their plates in.

"What happened? What you told me-..."

"Lucius, I said I didn't want to." Noah said about to walk away.