Chapter 46 - Return

CHAPTER 46: RETURN

"You shouldn't have left before I checked your arm." Liam scolded as Blayth winced when he undid the brace around his right arm. "Did you train?"

"Everyday. Promise." Blayth added when Liam gave him a look.

"Then why does it seem that you are in more pain?" Liam asked, pressing his fingers to his bicep before making him flex his arm.

"Don't know." Blayth shrugged, wincing again.

Liam sighed, taking the brace with him before going to his desk. "I need to adjust the brace. This one doesn't seem to be good enough anymore."

"Come on, Liam. It's better than nothing." Blayth argued, "My arm will be useless if I don't have it on."

"Useless is better than painful."

"I don't want the others to worry. You know how Ren gets when my arm acts up." Blayth frowned.

"Because she still blames herself." Liam sighed, "Just stay in your room. I will have it back to you by tomorrow. Or maybe the next day, whenever I am done with it."

"Not good enough. Leon will know something is wrong."

"Blayth, you don't have to put up a front to the world." Liam lectured. "Besides, wouldn't he question why you are here?"

"I'll just tell him I was asking you about the genes test." Blayth said, "That is what you will say too."

Liam gave him a bored look before he said, "It won't work."

"Why not? Ow." Blayth said as Liam came back, stretching Blayth's arm out.

"Because you and Noah seemed so satisfied by the results that no one would believe that you were questioning it." Liam said.

Blayth's shoulders fell in defeat as he said, "Who wouldn't want to find out that they still had a live family member."

Liam smiled at that before he said, "flex."

"No." Blayth protested, glaring.

"Blayth, don't be difficult."

"It hurts. End of story. Now give me something for the pain and put that brace back on." Blayth demanded.

"The brace is not going back on. I need to know better how to adjust it. And you can have pain killers when we are done here." Liam argued, and when Blayth glared, he glared back, folding his arms over his chest in challenge. Blayth finally gave in with a heavy sigh, clenching his teeth as he tried to flex his arm without the support of the brace, only managing to go halfway before he let it fall to his side.

"Happy?" Blayth questioned.

"Very." Liam said, writing something down, "Now hold it straight for me."

"Liam." Blayth whined, getting another glare only for the door to open at that moment and Leon to walk in, glaring at Blayth. "Great." He muttered under his breath.

"Why didn't you tell me something was wrong with your arm?" Leon demanded, "I had to hear it from Tobias."

"He has a big mouth." Blayth muttered begrudgingly.

"Blayth." Leon said testily.

"Alright, fine. I didn't want to worry you." Blayth said.

"That's not important now." Liam said, looking at Leon, "Can you help me with him, he is not listening to me."

"Seriously?" Leon sighed as he walked up to him, "What's wrong?"

"You know sometimes I wonder if it would have been better if I lost it back then." Blayth grumbled rolling his eyes.