Chapter 38

"Tayler," I said as a tear fell down my face. "I can explain."

"Save it, I don't care."

"Tayler, please," I cried. "This was never supposed to happen."

"Then what was supposed to happen, Beth? Were you just going to keep this from me forever?"

"Tayler, I love you more than anything. You have to believe me!" I said as another tear trickled down my face.

"Why should I believe that Beth?! Who knows how long you have been meeting up with Josh!"

"Tayler, I promise I have no feelings for Josh! I love you."

"It doesn't matter how you feel about him!" Tayler exclaimed. "It doesn't change the fact that you went behind my back like that."

"I'm sorry," I cried.

"No you're not, Beth. I know you want to be sorry, but you're not."

"Just say you love me and we can get past this," I said as I wiped away another tear.

"You know that I love you, Beth. I just don't think that we can get past the fact that you lied to me. How long have you guys been doing this?!"

"Tayler, it doesn't matter!"

"Just tell me," Tayler ordered.

"Since that night he apologized to me. I kissed him while you were in the car outside," I muttered. I felt more guilty than I had ever felt in my entire life.

"So our whole relationship? This whole time you've been with him and not once did you think to tell me."

"It never meant anything!" I exclaimed.

"Really? Because this really means something to me. I don't want my girlfriend making out with one of my friends behind my back! You would be an idiot to think that is okay."

"It doesn't mean anything, Tayler!"

"Then I guess our whole relationship meant nothing too. Why don't you take him and go to Hell?"

"Tayler, I'm sorry," I cried.

"That doesn't change things. You can do whatever the fuck you want, Beth. I'm out of the picture, so you can go makeout with Josh. I don't give a fuck anymore!"

"Please don't do this," I begged.

"I don't want to be with someone who doesn't take our relationship as seriously as I do."

"Don't act like you wouldn't do the exact same thing if you were in my position."

"That's fucked up for you to even think I would do something like that. There is no girl in the entire world that is worth risking your trust. I have stayed loyal to you no matter what and it's shitty that you couldn't even return the favor," Tayler said as he got into his car.

"Where are you going?!" I cried.

"I'm gonna go talk to an old friend," Tayler said as he drove away. My heart started beating out of my chest because I knew exactly what he meant.

I immediately pulled out my phone, with tears still streaming down my face, and dialed Josh's number. I didn't know what Tayler's plan was, but I knew that it wasn't good.

"Please pick up," I muttered to myself. After a minute there was no response and I was sent straight to voicemail. "Dammit Josh. Pick up your phone!"

I dialed his number again, but this time he actually answered. "What is so important that you couldn't have shot me a text?"

"Josh, where are you?" I said in a panic.

"Beth, are you okay?" Josh asked.

"I'm fine! Where the fuck are you, Josh?" I really just needed to know that he was safe from whatever Tayler was up to.

"Beth, what is going on?" He responded. "I'm at home, why?"

"Josh, leave right now!" I exclaimed with tears still rolling down my cheek. "Please, just go somewhere else."

"Beth, what are you talking about?" Josh sounded really confused, but it is to be expected when I just told him to get out of his house.

"Tayler knows," I cried. "He saw everything and he's on his way over there. Please leave, Josh."

"I'm not afraid of Tayler, I'll be fine," Josh scoffed.

"Josh, please! I'm begging you to get out of there. Tayler is more pissed off than I've ever seen him."

"Beth, I'm fine. I promise," Josh said.

"Josh," I cried. "Please. I'll never ask you for anything ever again, just leave your house right now."

"Beth, stop worrying. I can handle Tayler."

"Josh, if you get hurt then it's my fault and I can't have that happen. Please, Josh. I love you too much to let anything happen," I said as I wiped away my tears.

"Fine, I'm leaving right now."

"Thank you," I sighed. "Don't let Tayler find you. Just go straight to Sway."

"I have everything under control, just relax."

"Josh, I want you to promise me something," I said as a tear fell down my face. "Promise me that you won't let Tayler find you."

"Everything is going to be-"

"Promise me."

"I promise," Josh said through the phone.

"Thank you," I sighed. "Meet me at Sway."

"I'll see you there," He said as he hung up the phone.

I quickly ran out to the car and started driving to Sway. I was just praying that Bryce was home because I really needed to talk to him about all of this. No matter what, Bryce always knew how to calm me down and I really needed that right now.

Vote and comment!