Chapter 11

About a week had passed since I got arrested. Everything had gone back to normal, except for the fact that I was taking a break from drinking and partying. Everyday I have to go to a rehabilitation center to make sure that I am completely sober. Ever since the cops caught me drinking, they have been watching me super closely.

I was currently on my way over to Josh's house to hang out. That was where I spent most of my time since none of the other guys that I lived with wanted to hang out with me.

I walked in through the front door and Josh was sitting on the couch watching TV. "What are you watching?" I asked as I sat down on the couch.

"Family Guy," He stated as he turned up the volume a little bit.

"Can we talk?" I don't know what had come over me, but it felt like we needed to have a serious talk.

"Yeah," He said as he turned off the TV. "What's up?"

"I think we should break up," I definitely didn't plan to break up with him and I didn't even know why I said that.

"What? Why?" Josh seemed super confused, and honestly I was too.

"I just don't think that it is good for us to be together," I could see Josh was starting to get upset.

"Beth, I love you."

"I don't think you do, Josh," I started. "We had one good night together at that party and the things we felt weren't real."

"So you think that everything that has happened over the past week we've been together has been fake?"

"It's just our minds playing tricks on us. It's impossible to fall for someone that quickly."

"What if you're wrong?"

"Then we'll find our way back to each other. I just feel like we've been living a lie, Josh."

"So you don't love me then?"

"My heart keeps saying, 'Damn, Josh is everything to me,' but my mind wants me to have some common sense! It's impossible to fall in love with someone you've known for less than two weeks."

"So you're just going to give up on us that easily? All because you think that it's impossible?"

"I don't want to Josh! My mind just thinks that this is all wrong!"

"Fine, then I guess we're done! When you realize how wrong you are, come talk to me. Beth, I love you and I know for a fact that this is fucking real."

I ran over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I don't want to do this."

"Then don't," He said as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I have to," I said and I could feel my eyes starting to water.

"No you don't."

"It's not right to stay in a relationship if I think it's fake."

"I promise you that this is real."

"I know you believe that, but I don't know what is real anymore."

"I love you."

"I know you think that," I said breaking the hug. I could feel a tear start to trickle down my face. "I guess I'll see you around."

"Yeah," He said as I walked out the front door.

Short chapter, but whatever. Vote and comment!