Chapter 31

I took a deep breath as I stared at his name. I didn't know whether I should answer it or just let it go straight to voicemail. I could feel my eyes starting to tear up as all the memories filled my head. Do I answer the phone and bring back all of the heartache?

Before I could decide, it stopped ringing and I was left with a voicemail. I didn't know whether I should listen to it or not. I decided that listening to it was the best option because it was going to drive me insane if I didn't know what he had to say.

I held the phone up to my ear and immediately heard the sound of Josh's voice, "Hey Beth, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. I was just angry and I didn't mean a single word I said at that party. I swear that I didn't think one word of it. I really hope that you can forgive me and we can try to be friends again. You were right all along, that love that we had wasn't real and I get that now. If you don't want to respond, you don't have to. I really do hope that you are happy and I am truly sorry for everything. Can we just start over and try to be friends? If you're willing to give me another chance, just call me back or come over or something. Again, I'm sorry."

My eyes were flooded with tears as soon as the message ended. I didn't know what to do. I was glad to get an apology, but did I really want to be friends with him after what he did?

I already knew that the real Josh would never say such terrible things about me, so it wouldn't be hard for me to forgive him. I knew that what he said was out of pure anger and I shouldn't blame him for that, but part of me really wanted to.

I sat down on the floor and just cried as I stared at the phone, debating whether to forgive him or not. I wiped away the tears, but it didn't stop them from flooding back down my face. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop myself from crying.

"Beth?" Tayler said as he came into the room. "What happened? Are you okay?"

"I don't know what to do," I said as Tayler sat down on the floor next to me. I leaned my head on his shoulder and let the tears flow freely.

"What happened? Who called you?"

"It was Josh," I cried. "He apologized for everything and I just don't know what to think."

"Do you want to forgive him?" Tayler questioned as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"I don't know, Tayler. Part of me just wants to hate him forever, but the other part of me knows that he didn't mean a single word he said to me. Deep down I know that Josh is a good person and he doesn't truly think that about me."

"So you're going to forgive him?"

"I know that I should, but I don't know if I want to."

"Say the word and I'll drive you over to his house. But if you just want to stay mad at him, I'll always support your decision."

"Thank you," I sniffled. "Can we just sit here for a few minutes?"

"We can stay here for as long as you want," He said as he continued to run his fingers through my hair. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I just wanted to sit on the floor and calm myself down before I made a huge decision like this one.

After a few minutes, I finally came to a decision. "I think I'm going to forgive him."

"Do you want me to drive you to his place?" He asked as he helped me up off the floor.

"You don't have to, I can make Bryce take me," I smiled.

"I want to," Tayler said as he placed a kiss on my forehead. "I should probably apologize for punching him in the face."

"I'm pretty sure he deserved it," I laughed.

"Whatever," Tayler grinned.

"Beth!" Bryce called from the kitchen. "What is taking you so long?"

"Sorry," I said as I walked into the kitchen. "I actually have to go."

"Where are you going?" Bryce questioned.

"I'm gonna go talk to Josh," I sighed. "Tayler's going to drive me over there."

"Let me know how it goes," Bryce said as he plopped down on the couch.

"I will, don't worry," I said as I walked out the front door with Tayler.

We got into the car and drove straight to Josh's house. As we got closer and closer I could feel my heart rate increasing.

We pulled into the driveway and I was genuinely terrified to see Josh again after what happened. "Can you just stay in the car? I really want to talk to him alone."

"Of course, baby," Tayler said as he pecked me on the lips. "Just text me if you need backup."

"I think I'll be okay," I grinned as I started walking to the front door. I hesitated before finally just walking inside. "Josh!"

"Beth?" A voice came from the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen to see Anthony standing there in Prada from head to toe. "What are you doing here?"

"Is Josh here?" I asked.

"You better hope not, you aren't exactly his favorite person right now," Anthony said as he opened the pantry.

"What do you mean?" I questioned. "Did Josh say something?"

"When he came home from that party, he was more pissed than I'd ever seen before. I asked him about it and all he said was 'I hate her.'"

"He's said worse," I muttered under my breath.

"Like what?" Anthony asked.

"Well, at that party he called me a whore and a good for nothing slut, so that was an experience."

"Josh said that? Like Josh Richards?"

"Why do you sound so surprised?" I scoffed.

"He always told me how amazing you were, I didn't know all that happened."

"Is he here?" I asked.

"I don't know, you could go check his room."

"Thanks," I said as I walked up the stairs and straight to Josh's room. "Josh?"

"Beth, I am so sorry," He said as soon as he saw me. "I didn't mean it, I swear. Please just believe me, nothing I said was true."

"Josh, relax. I know that you would never think anything like that."

"So we're good?"

"Yeah, we're good."

"Are you sure? I know what I said was really shitty, you can hate me forever if you want."

"Josh, it's fine. I promise."

"Beth, if you don't want to forgive me you don't have to. I don't want you to-"

"Shut up," I said as I placed my lips against his. I didn't know what I was doing, but I liked it. But everything came crashing down when I remembered that my boyfriend was waiting in the car outside.

We love cliff hangers!