Chapter 3

"Beth!" I woke up to someone shaking me awake. My head was pounding even just attempting to open my eyes made it worse. "Beth!" I eventually focused in on the face that was shaking me. It was Bryce.

"Can you stop shaking me?" I insisted. "My head is pounding."

"Who the fuck did you hook up with last night?" I couldn't tell if he was angry, confused, or excited at this point.

"Can you grab me some Tylenol?" I asked as I sat up off the couch. Bryce walked over to the cabinet and pulled out a few pills and gave me a glass of water. "Thanks."

"So who did you fuck?" Bryce questioned.

"I didn't fuck anyone last night, Bryce," I said as I drank a sip of water.

"The hickeys all over your neck say otherwise," I had totally forgotten that I was covered in hickeys. I rubbed my neck as I tried to think of a response.

"We didn't fuck, we just made out for a little while," I responded.

"Who were you making out with!?" He asked as I stood up.

"It's none of your business," I stated as I refilled my empty glass with water.

"Yes it is my business!"

"Go to Hell, Bryce," I said as I drank another full glass of water.

"You can't just make out with people in my house and expect me not to care!"

"Why do you care? You were a lot more fun when you still lived in Maryland. The old Bryce didn't give a fuck about what I did. The old Bryce actually supported the choices I made without asking questions."

"Well, the old Bryce didn't have his sister making out with one of his friends! I totally support you making out with whoever the fuck you want, but I just need you to trust me enough to tell me," He was starting to yell, which made my head hurt even worse.

"Can you please stop yelling? This is the worst hangover I've had in months,"  I said, trying to make him calm down.

"Sorry. Can you please just tell me who it was?"

"Fine, it was Josh. You can't be mad at me though."

"I'm not mad at you, in fact I should've known."

"How would you have known?" I scoffed.

"He said you were hot when we picked you up from the airport. I should've known that he was going to make a move."

"Actually Bryce, Josh didn't make a single move. He pulled me away from the party because I was way too drunk. I guess that I just started kissing him, in fact I think he tried to stop me at first. I don't know, that whole night is just a blur."

"So do you actually like Josh or were you just craving attention?"

"I don't think I have any feelings towards him actually. I think that I was just sick of sitting around and I wanted to feel something."

"I get it, you have to do what you have to do. Thanks for telling me."

"Can you not tell Josh I talked to you please? I want to talk to him before you confront him or whatever it is that you do," I laughed.

"Yeah, I won't tell him."

"Thanks Bryce," I said as I gave him a nice hug. I walked up the stairs and went straight into Josh's room. I didn't know what I was going to say, but I figured that it would just come to me in the moment.

I knocked on the door and he told me to just come in. "Hey," He said as he turned his chair around.

"Can we talk?" I said as I brought him over to sit next to me on the bed.

"Yeah, we probably should," He stated.

"What happened last night?" I asked.

"I think that we both know what happened. You wouldn't have came in here if you didn't."

"Yeah, you're probably right."

"So what now?" He asked as he stared straight into my eyes.

"We just forget about it and move on I guess," I sighed.

"Okay, is there anything else?" It almost felt like he was kicking me out.

"No, I think that was it," I said as I stood up and walked to the door. "Sorry, about what happened."

I kept walking when he stopped me, "Actually! Beth wait!"

"Yeah?" I was really sort of scared of what he had to say.

He came up and grabbed both of my hands, "I don't want to forget about last night. I think have feelings for you, Beth."

Comment your predictions! (Sorry this chapter is kind of short)