Chapter 6

How could I have been so dumb? I sent the most secretive text to someone on accident. I was only planning on telling Bryce that it was fake, but I guess Tayler Holder knew it too because of my stupid little mistake.

"Who did you send it to?" Josh asked in a panic.

"Tayler, I'll just tell him the truth," I started. "I feel like I can trust him."

"So who else knows that it's fake?" Bryce asked.

"I think just you and Tayler for now. Unless I accidentally sent it to someone else," I chuckled.

"So why are you doing it?"

"Clout," Josh stated immediately.

"Alright, then what-" Bryce was interrupted by my phone. I looked down to see a reply from Tayler.

Tayler Holder

I did NOT expect that to be fake

What is that supposed to mean?

I don't think it's really a secret after
what happened at the party

What happened at the party?

Jesus, how drunk were you?

Really drunk lol. What did I miss?

Nothing important

Tell me, I'm sure that it is something

It's really not

Fine, but can you at least tell me
if I did something stupid?

You did a whole bunch of stupid
shit Beth

Wait, how did I end up with your number?
I swear to god I didn't have it before last
night.

We were texting last night, but you
said we both had to delete it

What the hell happened?

You confessed your feelings for Josh

I don't have feelings for Josh

That's not what you said last night

There is no way that is possible, I
literally met him yesterday!

Trust me, I thought it was crazy too,
but you made it real clear that
you like him a lot

There is no fucking way

Just believe me

I guess I could see myself
liking him a little bit

A little bit? That is not what I heard

I was drunk!

Drunk man's words are a sober mans
thoughts

Shut up

Do I actually like Josh? This whole time I thought he was crazy for actually liking me, but did I feel the exact same? There was no way, I literally met him yesterday. You can't start liking someone that easily... right?

"Who are you texting?" Bryce asked me as I snapped back into reality.

"Hey Josh," I said ignoring Bryce's question. "Can we talk?"

"Yeah, I guess," He started. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Can we go somewhere without Bryce please?"

"Beth, what the fuck? I'm your brother, you can say whatever you want."

"Fine, I don't care. Josh might not want you to hear this though," I said as I gave him a look that made him want to go somewhere else.

"I'll tell you about it later," Josh said to Bryce as we went upstairs. We went into his bedroom and he shut the door behind us. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Josh," I started. "I like you."

He thought I was joking and started laughing. When he realized I was serious, he stopped laughing and looked straight into my eyes. "Wait, are you serious?"

"Yeah and I know how insane it sounds and I really can't even begin to-" I was interrupted when he placed his lips against mine. This kiss was different than any other one we had shared before. This one was soft and it actually meant something. Every other kiss was just for fun, but this was special. This was meaningful.

"What are we going to tell Bryce?" He asked, breaking the kiss.

"Why is that always your first question?" I giggled.

"I don't know if you are aware of this, but Bryce is my best friend and technically he's still your brother."

"So?"

"So, I don't want him to get mad at me."

I couldn't help but laugh, "He already knows that we're dating."

"He knows that we're fake dating. What's he gonna do when we tell him we are actually dating now?"

"When did I agree to dating you?"

He looked shocked, "I didn't-"

I interrupted him as soon as he started talking "Relax, I'm joking. Of course I'll date you."

"Are we telling Bryce?"

"We don't really have a choice," I laughed as I grabbed his hand and pulled him downstairs.

"Well?" Bryce seemed really anxious to know what we were talking about.

"Can we have a party tonight?" I asked and Josh looked really confused.

"Yeah, but aren't you still hungover?" Bryce asked.

"Fuck yeah," I laughed. "Also, one more thing before you start inviting people over. I'm dating Josh."

"Yeah you already told me its fake... Unless you're not faking it now. You guys are actually together? "

"Yep, so party?" I said trying to change the subject.

"I thought you didn't like Josh," Bryce stated.

"Well, I can change my mind can't I?"

"Who do you want at this party?" Bryce asked as he picked up his phone.

"Literally everyone," I said.

"You want another rager like last night?"

"Hell yeah."

Vote and comment! Also check out my other story, Careless, if you haven't already!