Chapter 47 - Another

Start from the beginning

Noah stared him in the eyes for a long moment, on the verge of just spilling everything, but then he thought better of it and said instead, "Nothing in particular." Noah replied, finally letting go of Lucius, but not stepping out of his way until Lucius pushed against his chest a bit harder, moving around him.

"Stop messing around. It's dinner time." Lucius said, turning around and shoving a bowl in Noah's arms.

"Put this on the table." Lucius commanded, picking up another plate and taking it there as well.

"Sorry about that. Training is getting on my nerves." Noah mumbled as Lucius gave him another plate to place on the table.

"Forget it. Apparently you aren't the only one today." Lucius said, nodding towards the door where Tobias entered, seeming to be whining to Edmur who rolled his eyes as Tobias rubbed his shoulder.

"Still in pain?" Noah asked the alchemist.

"Damn Leon needs to take it easy. He almost broke my arm today." Tobias complained, taking a seat, but wincing once he did, his ribs seeming to be bruised as well.

"Damn Leon is making sure you don't get killed in battle." Leon countered as he went to the kitchen counter to help Lucius.

"Damn Leon is trying to kill me here and spare me apparently." Tobias glared at Leon who glared back as he walked to the table.

"But, Leon, seriously, take it easy on him. I am the one who has to deal with the whining after." Edmur said as he picked his glass up, making Tobias's glare turn into a pout as he laid his head on the seer's shoulder.

"Do I mean nothing to you? Is seeing me in pain alright with you?" Tobias asked. Edmur shook his head, but had an indulgent smile on his lips as he placed a hand on Tobias's head, caressing his hair while he sipped on his wine, yet ignoring Tobias's words.

"You seem to enjoy the whining." Blayth teased as he grabbed a slice of bread before seeing Lucius in the kitchen, his face seeming flushed. He went to him, standing next to him as he asked, "What's wrong?"

Lucius let a spoon fall before kneeling down to get it, pulling at Blayth's hand to get him to kneel down with him so they both would be hidden from the others as he said, "He cornered me."

"Who?" Blayth asked, confused.

"Noah! Keep up!" He hissed in a hushed tone. He took in a deep breath, placing a hand on his chest as he said, "I almost spilled everything. Oh god, I want to tell him..." Lucius shook his head, "My heart is still racing."

"Lucius, just tell him." Lucius glared at him, making him sigh, "He still doesn't know, does he?"

"No."

"Then ignore that it happened." Blayth said, watching the doubtful look in Lucius's eyes. "It will work, trust me. Just the rest of your plan is the part that I doubt would work."

"What are you two doing?" The two froze before looking up to see Lazarus standing behind them with an arched eyebrow.

"Fetching a spoon." Lucius said, holding it up.

"It takes two for the task?"

"We were arguing who got it first." Lucius lied smoothly, "You know how Blayth could be."

"Hey!" Blayth said, snatching the spoon from Lucius.

"See." He said, pointing a finger at Blayth who glared at him.

Lazarus laughed before he said, "You know this reminds me of when you used to trick your father and Emerson all those times you ran away from your study sessions."