Something Missing

Start from the beginning

And yet, none of it mattered because even so, he couldn't hide who he truly was on the inside. It didn't matter how much masquerading the commission did, he couldn't cover how worthless he actually was.

And physically seeing it now, it broke something in Hawks, causing the man's muscles to tense immediately before gripping the nearest object next to him in order to throw it at the television screen with a crying scream. "Just shut up, shut up!!!"

A loud shatter finally ceased the public's disappointment, leaving the bird alone in silence once again with only the pounding heart in his chest and the erratic breath in his lungs.

But very quickly Hawks realized that silence was even worse than the low drone of the television, simply because now that he was alone with his thoughts, the bird's mind began to replay the public's cries over and over again in his mind.

It didn't matter if the TV was shattered, he could still hear it even so.

We don't want the son of a villain.

He betrayed us!

Look at him, he turned out just like his father.

So much so that Hawks felt his hands travel to his ears in order to block out the sound with a small whimper as he crumbled down with overwhelming emotion. He needed it to stop, he needed everything to stop.

Wishing for anything but silence, the bird felt his hands grab onto another unnamed object before throwing it in no particular direction as it shattered into the glass cabinet to his right.

But even still, the voices didn't cease, each ridicule growing far more suffocating then the last as Hawks pleaded for the torture to end. "I said shut the fuck up!!"

His hands kept reaching, kept grabbing at the nearest things next him in a desperate attempt to both stop the noise and quell the overwhelming anger inside his chest from being useless.

The loud crashes, shatters and toppled furniture didn't stop him though as his own psychotic gaze found an old hero award before slamming the object onto the wooden floor as glass flecks dug into his skin.

Blood appeared in the corner of his vision as yet the bird still didn't cease, his own limps robotically throwing and slamming everything in sight as he physically stopped breathing in order to pound his bruised fists into the shattered remains of his old hero award.

Just then, something seemed to grab hold onto his arm, causing the bird to immediately try to rip it away with a low inhuman growl. Why were they trying to stop him, why was the silence returning?!

Although the hand was strong as a scared and rushed voice seemed to register inside his mind a moment later. "H-Hawks! Hawks, stop. You're hurting yourself."

Almost immediately, the bird's mind began to clear as the lost look inside his eyes seemed to disappear in order to recognize the glass that was embedded in his skin along with the blood coating his palms. What the hell? Why did I...?

Gazing back to the mysterious voice, the bird soon found the youngest Todoroki staring back at him, still terrified for some reason. "Can you hear me?"

Still not understanding, Hawks felt his head begin to pound before closing his eyes in order to ease the pain. "A-Ah, yeah kid. Sorry, I was just..."

Just then, the bird looked up only to see the absolute destruction around him. His entire living room was destroyed, littered with glass and overturned furniture everywhere. It honestly looked like someone had broken in without him knowing.

Feeling a wave of panic inside his throat, reality hit him like a truck as Hawks recalled his manic and errectic actions before his own eyes lit up in shame. What was wrong with him? Was he finally losing his mind?