The Last Chapter

We made it back to the mansion in no time and I can't help but wish I had never met. I could tell Ash was deep in thought and pain was written all over his face. I could barely walk but I needed to take a shower. " Would you like some help?" he asked cautiously. " Thanks,"  I said as he turned the hot water on in the shower and helped me undress. I felt embarrassed. I didn't want him to see me like this, broken. But I knew I had to let him in. 

" Do you mind?" He asked. Making sure I was comfortable. He undressed as well and climbed into the shower with me. The hot water felt good over my aching body. It made me feel cleaner. 

He helped me wash my hair. " You don't have to do this." I tell him. 

" I want to," He says soothing me. 

" I understand if you don't want this anymore." I whisper. 

" Look at me." He says guiding my chin with his thumb so that I must meet his beautiful blue gaze. " You are the most beautiful person I have ever seen. I love you Lexi and I will never stop loving you." He says never breaking eye contact. I reach up and close the distance between our lips. 

His lips are soft and comforting, the best thing I have ever tasted. His lips, his touch, his gaze, his breath, his laugh, he makes me feel safe. I wanted to be close to him forever. As we get out of the shower and dry off he gives me a pair of pajamas as he throws on gray sweats and an oversized tee. 

We snuggle up in bed with my head on his chest as we spin the rest of the day, binging divergent.  

3 Months Later: 

The last three months have been wonderful. On my 18th birthday Ash officially proposed. We were going to get married on our vacation we had been planning that is coming up this week. Words can't describe how amazing my life had became. I graduated high school and I decided to take a gap year so I can decide what I really wanted to do. Ash has also decided that he is going to pass down the Mafia business to Dustin. Who seems nervous about it but I believe he will get the hang of it. I was just glad that Ash was leaving that life behind. I know it will always follow us a little bit no matter where we go but thats something we will figure out when the time comes until then were getting married! 

I walk down the stairs and see Ash preparing breakfast in the kitchen. 

" Good morning Love," He greets as he pulls me into a soft kiss. " Are you excited we leave in a few hours." 

" Of course! I am ready to be at the beach, in the sand! Oh and to get married of course," I smile 

" Oh yeah can't forget about that" he chuckles.

He loads the luggage into the car as we drive to the airport. The flight isn't very long and before I know it we are at out beach house in Florida.

The day was perfect we spent a majority of it on the beach. Splashing in the cool water under the hot summer sun. Finished the day with a Pina Colada and a beautiful sunset. As we head in to the bedroom for the night I grab my dark red lingerie and head to the bathroom to change. 

I see Ash taking his shirt off as I enter the slightly lit bedroom. 

" Oh you just couldn't wait till after the wedding could you?" he teases. 

" Oh I can always go change and you can wait another night," I smirk. 

" Oh no tonight sounds good," he says as his kisses make their way down my neck. 

Ash POV: 

" You're gorgeous you know that? I say as I look into her beautiful eyes. She got to kiss me so I deepen the kiss until our tongues meet. She made me breathless. Her scent was sweet and made my senses feel like they were tripled. My fingers smoothly danced across her thigh and I guided her towards the bed. 

Her breath quickened as her hands traveled all across my shoulders and chest. 

Lexi POV: 

He kissed down my body as I unbuckled his pants telling him I was ready. " Are you sure?" he asks, although he knows the answer. 

He pulls my dress smoothly off my body and quickly unhooks my bra. I don't know how long he is inside me. But I love how close we are. Afterwards we both lay there breathless as I lay my head on his bare chest. " We get married tomorrow," I whisper. 

" I know and I can't wait for there to be a Mrs. Gordon," He responds as he kisses my cheek before we both fall asleep. 

The next morning is magical. We don't see each other after breakfast until the wedding ceremony which is just the two of us on the beach with the marriage officiant. I finish my hair and makeup and put on my wedding dress. 

It's not the most extravagant dress ever but I fell in love with it

It's not the most extravagant dress ever but I fell in love with it. As I walk down the aisle it feels like I fell in love with the man infant of me again. His eyes, his smile, perfect. I reach the end of the aisle and I feel the biggest smile creeping onto my face as I try to hold back the tears. This is truly the most magical day of my life and nothing is ruining that. My thoughts are on my husbands beautiful blue gaze and the only thing that snaps me out of it is the sharp pain that suddenly hits he hip. 

I didn't hear the shot but soon enough my white dress is covered in red, and I fall to the floor. I hear more shots ring out but I can't tell who's shooting them. The last thing I see is Ash's blood covered suit and his ocean eyes looking down at me. He's saying something but I can't process the words before the darkness wins. 

------ 

Ash's POV: 

It's been three weeks since our wedding. Three weeks since my father and his men decided to ruin the best day of my life. Those men are dead and my father will be soon enough. I haven't left Lexi's side, I can't. It kills me to see her like this. Fighting for her life once again. I promised her I wouldn't let anyone hurt her and I failed. The doctors say she's in pretty bad condition and they aren't sure if she's going to make it. But no matter what I have to stay hopeful. 

I grab onto her hands and give them a soft kiss. " I don't know if you can hear me Lex. But please come back. I need you. My life as been better since you've been in it and now I can't imagine a life without you. Please, I need you." I beg her unconscious body letting a tear slip from my eyes. 

" Sir, we have some news." One of the doctors say as he enters the room. 

" What is it?," I ask practically jumping to the edge of my seat. 

"We were doing some tests and it looks like your wife here is actually pregnant," He says with a look of concern.  

" What does that mean for her? Will she make it?"

" We're still not 100% sure sir, it's questionable if any of them will make it with your wife only being three weeks pregnant." 

" Save them please, " 

The doctor gives me a sad nod before he heads out the door. 

" You hear that Lex you're gonna be a Mom," I smile slightly hoping for the best because thats all I can do at this point. 

A/N: The end. I kind of left you on a cliffhanger oops. But oh well, go ahead and hate the author. This is my first story I have written so I am aware that it is very rough draft type but thanks for reading and thank you for all of the support. 

Word Count: 1425