Show Her Off

I woke up to his muscular arm wrapped around me. The sun was barely peeking around the edges of the midnight black curtains. 

" You're still here,"  I whisper a smile creeping across my face.

" Of course I would never leave you," he whispers in his deep morning voice giving me a light kiss on the forehead. 

That makes me smile even more while sitting up in bed. He hops out from under the sheets in nothing but his boxers. He grabs his shirt and pants from the other chair and begins to get dressed. 

" So anything interesting going on today?" I ask beginning to get very bored of the same routine everyday. 

"Not really, just work stuff," He says while buttoning his black top. 

"Oh okay," I respond not really knowing what to say. 

" See you later princess," He says looking at me once more before leaving the room. 

I lay on my bed in a starfish position and let my mind wander. Thoughts scramble through my brain and it is chaos. One thought that sticks out is why can't he fuck me like that every night. 

I had to stop myself from getting obsessed with this man. He was dangerous. Although, I am being forced into this marriage might as well let myself enjoy it time from time. My eyes were getting heavy and I was about to fall back asleep when I suddenly hear the door swing open. 

I see Harley walking towards the bed. " Good Morning," she greeted with a smile. 

" Good morning Harley," I said sitting up and moving my hair from out of my face. 

" I need your help," She says spinning around in the chair at my desk. 

" Okay and what can I do for you?" I ask

" I was wondering if you wanted to get ready with me for the party tonight." she smiles sweetly. 

" What party?" I ask confused. 

" It's Ash's ceremony he will be the official leader of the mafia after tonight. Did he not ask you to come?" 

" No he didn't," (not in that way) I say not wanting to admit how the lack of invitation actually hurt me

" Oh well my brothers an idiot he just doesn't realize how amazing you are yet. But you do have to come to the party, so is it cool if we get ready together?" She asks anxiously.

" Of course, although are you sure I should come since your brother didn't invite me?" 

" Well you're going to be his wife, so I'd assume you would need to be there. You know for buisness reasons." She explains. 

The ceremony didn't start until 8 so we still had a few hours until we needed to start getting ready. We just sat on my bed playing games and chatting. I was just planning on wearing the same red dress from the last party I attended as I didn't have any other dress clothes when I hear   a knock on the door. 

" Come in," I yell from the bed. 

A servant walks in with a beautiful black gown and lays it on my bed without saying a word she nods her head and scurries out the door. 

" I bet it's from Ash," Harley teases. 

I look at her and just roll my eyes and we begin to get ready. 

 A/N: This is Lexi's dress 

A/N: This is Harleys dress. If you don't like either one of the dresses don't hate just be creative and come up with something else :) 

I am curling Harleys hair when I decide to ask her a few questions. 

" Have you ever been to one of these before?" 

" Yeah a couple months before you came to stay with us one of the other bosses had a ceremony that we needed to attend." 

" Oh okay so any pointers?" I ask not really sure what to be expecting 

" Well its full of very powerful people so always have a bodyguard with or near you. You don't want to talk to the wrong people but since you and my brother are engaged you will most likely be with him most the time so you probably won't have anything to worry about." 

I knew that the men would be dangerous but knowing that I would be near Ash did lift a bit of the stress off me. 

We did the finishing touches to our hair and makeup then took a quick glance at the clock to see it was already 8:30 luckily the actual ceremony part didn't begin until 9.  

"Hey I'm going to go ahead and go down okay," Harley shouts. 

" Okay I'll be down in a bit," I say while trying to compose and prepare myself for the night. 

I take a deep breath and walk out the door. 

Ash's POV: 

Although I hate to admit it I had been stressing about the ceremony all afternoon. I decided to go get a quick workout in to clear my head. A quick workout turned to 2 hours which turned to 3 before I finally decided to get ready for the ceremony tonight. I had sent a servant to give Lexi a dress as an invitation to the ceremony. The dress was black and I couldn't wait to see what she looked like wearing it. But what I really want is to see her without it. 

I walk down the stairs to begin mingling with the few people who were there. No one extremely important had shown up so I wasn't deeply concerned at the moment. The next person to walk in was the Crow triplets. 

" Hello Crows," I welcome. 

" Oh we'll look at that little baby Ash all grown up, " Maria said as she pecked my cheek. 

" Hmm I'm a year younger then you," I stated, 

" She's just mad you're engaged and she's the only single one in the group now," Cameron poked. 

" oh yeah when do we get to meet this special lady?" Tomas asked curiously. 

" She should be here tonight," I stated suddenly getting this straining feeling in my chest that other people were talking about her. 

I bid my goodbyes and walk to greet some others when I see Harley come down the stairs. 

" It's your big day," She states. 

I give her a slight nod then possibly to quickly ask " Wheres Lexi?" 

"She's finishing getting ready she should be down in just a minute," She answers beginning to walk off, 

" Hey stay near Angelo," I warn her. She nods then I lose her in the crowd when I turn back around I see Lexi making her way down the stairs. 

My heart stopped when I saw her in that long black dress. She looked perfect. In that moment nothing else mattered, all of my thoughts washed away the only thing I cared about was her and I wanted this moment to last forever,

" So, how do I look?" Lexi asks gazing into my eyes. 

" Perfect," I say gently reaching for her hand. We interlock fingers as I make my way around the crowded room to show her off. 

A/N: HUGE APOLOGY! It has been forever since I have posted. I also am posting this at 3 am so I apologize for the grammar mistakes :) 

Word Count: 1276