Goodbye Lex

I screwed up.

Like really screwed up.

I trusted him. I told him everything!!! He did the opposite of what I wanted. I never want to see him again. But, at the same time I wanna hug him. I want to thank him for having the guts to speak up when I couldn't. But now my life's ruined. This time not only mine. But my dear sister Ivy who trusted me to protect her. How am I supposed to protect her when I could possibly be a thousand miles away?

" How could you!?" I scream getting slightly too close to his face.

" I am helping you Lexie, I couldn't leave you in a house like that" Reese said as he looked me in the eyes.

" I trusted you. Do you know how HARD it was for me to admit to you what was happening to me at home!? I told you I didn't want you to say anything." I was on the verge of tears at this point yet my face was also red with anger.

" Your my best friend all I wanted to do was help you," Reese sighed.

" Well try harder next time" I huffed trying to catch my breath " Or don't try at all."

I stormed off and almost immediately regretted the words that had just slipped out of my mouth. I didn't have much time to calm myself down as he was my only way I could get home from school.

I walked past as people stared at me in the parking lot. I open the truck door, hop into the passenger seat and slam the door. I stare at the window and let my mind wander until I hear the drivers door open and close.

" I"m sorry," I mumble not even looking at him.

" Huh? What did you say?" He teases.

" I said I'm sorry" I say a little louder.

" I know I just wanted to hear you say it again" he said with a smirk. I scoff and playfully slap him on the shoulder.

" I can't believe he's actually gone." I murmured. " Look at me" Reese said while grabbing my chin to force me to look into his eyes. His eyes were a bright blue and his smile lit up any room he walked into. His blond hair flopped perfectly on his head and his football jersey was the perfect size.

" I would never let anyone hurt you. You know that right?" He asked not breaking eye contact.

" I know"

" What am I supposed to do without you" I asked with a smile on my face as I think of all the memories.

" Well hopefully we will never need to find out," he sighed still staring at me.

I loved Reese really but, I just never thought about him in a romantic way.  I had known him forever and that thought never really crossed my mind. Lately I started getting the feeling that he had feelings for me. If I was any other girl in school I would be in awe at the thought of Reese Henderson having feelings for me. But I honestly didn't want that to be the case and make one of the only good things in my life awkward.

We pulled up to my house that I always dread to see. It felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders knowing I can walk in the house and my father would not be home. He'll never be home again. I slightly smiled at that thought and started to make my way to get out of the car.

" Wait!" Reese says as he grabs on to my wrist to make me stay. " I'll see you tomorrow right," he says with his look like he wants to say something else.
" Actually Reese" I breathed in and out slowly to get ready for what I was about to say. " Amanda just sent me an email, she's coming to pick us up tonight." I rolled my eyes at the thought of the Child Services lady. I'm 17. That's basically an adult, they didn't care when I was being abused in my own home, they all looked the other way. Now they act like they want what's in mine and ivy"s best interest. BULLSHIT!

" I'll miss you Reese." I smile and grab my backpack and fling it over my shoulder. I start walking up my driveway when I heard him call " Lexie wait!"

" What" I said giggling as I turned around to see what he needed.

" I love you" he says like a weight had been lifted off his chest. " Awww I love you too" I say as I start heading back inside the house.

" No no you don't get it. I'm in love with you Alexia Duncan" he admits.

" Oh" my heart stops, a million thoughts swirl around my head. I stand there speechless for what must be forever.

" Oh, that's all you have to say" He pushes.

" I can't do this Reese, I'm sorry, I can't do this right now."

" Right" he clears his throat " I'll just umm I'll go" he says awkwardly as he runs his calloused hand through his smooth blond hair.

He almost makes it to his truck when suddenly he turns around and starts heading back to me. " This could be the last time I see you. I want to make it count."

He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers on one hand. Then he reached up to grab my face with the other. " Your the one who taught me how to live so. Fuck it." He exhales as he pulls me closer to him and smashes our lips together. His lips were soft  and warm as they hit mine.

After I had long enough to process what was happening I quickly pulled away. It was nice but it didn't give me the feeling it should.

" I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking." He says anxiously shaking his head.

" Reese I will always love you." I promise but he knows it's not in the way he wants.

" Goodbye lex" he whispered as he hopped in his truck and sped home.

—————————————-
A/N: I hope you enjoy! This is the first one I've written so it probably won't be great. The writing really poor but it's all just for fun so yeah! Yeah thanks if u decided to read this!

Word Count: 1070