Never

It's been two months since we've been at the children's home. We have had many people come and look for kids to foster. I fear that Sylvia may be right, we might just have to wait until I'm old enough to get us out of here.

" Girls, wake up" Ms. Gratz yells up the stairs unnecessarily aggressive. Ms. Gratz continues to walk into our room she never comes into our rooms.

" We have some very important guests coming in today," She says with a smile plastered on her pale, wrinkly face. " This time I would like all of you to come downstairs for one guests instead of just a few like in the past." She orders while walking over to me.

" Alexia, Innova I know this'll be your first time down to visit with the guests so we need to make some rules clear" she insisted while reaching into our bags and pulling out, her favorite of the outfits out of our suitcase. " You'll wear this. Don't speak unless spoken to, unless you don't want to eat tonight, also if any questions are asked about the home you tell them how wonderful it is to live here. Unless you wanna be beat." She threatens looking back and forth between me and Ivy with a slightly disgusted look on her face.

I look at the outfit she pulled out and my mind goes back to a happier time for a second as I hold my moms old dress in my hands. I've never worn it before, I feel like I'll ruin it. This is one of the last things I have of her. It's not getting ruined because some old lady told me to.

I go to choose my next outfit when I decide I don't even care, Sylvia said most of the people who come to foster are bad people so maybe it'll be best to just wait seven months here until I can get me and Ivy out.

I decide to wear this

I decide to wear this. I never really wore crop tops because it usually showed to many of my injuries but it's been a while since he was able to hurt me, so most have healed.

This was Ivys outfit

A/N: If you don't like the outfits that's fine just be creative use your imagination and come up with something else.

All the girls line up in single file line all the older kids holding a younger kids hand. I let myself not hope for anything. I knew the chance of getting fostered was low at my age. Even if I was,  the chance of it being a good home was even less.

" What if they have someone younger than me?" Ivy asks looking up at me.

"What do you mean?" I respond confused.

" When we get fostered, I want to still be the baby." She tells me. I just laugh a little while patting her on the back and finishing our way down the stairs.

" Hey we have to line up by age okay. I'll be back with you right after. Okay?" I assure her while squeezing on to her hand. She nods with a sad smile as she makes her way down the line to find her spot with other girls her age.

I go to line up and their was only one person older than me I think her name was Mia, I tried talking to her the first couple days I came here but she didn't seem interested in talking to anyone so I respected her wishes and left her alone.

When Ms. Gratz sees my outfit she gapes for a second then gives me a death glare. She comes up to me and drags me in to her office before the guests come inside.

" That is not an appropriate outfit, young lady." She observes.

" Yeah well, it's also not appropriate to treat kids they way you do. Yet here we are." I retort, with a smirk on my face.

" That's it, no dinner tonight. Also we will be having a long talk after this." She warns.

" Good, the food here sucks anyway." I reply as I walk out of her office. That is true but I don't eat much anyway. Anytime I eat a lot of food I end up throwing most of it back up. Mostly due to the fact that when I lived with my dad he would give us very little food so I would always give mine to Ivy saying I wasn't hungry. In the summer it got worse. The fact I wasn't out, and if I did one thing that made him upset I was basically starved.

Ms. Gratz gives me one last dirty look before opening the doors for our guests. I'd say about 12-15 adults came in the room going on the opposite wall as us.

" Hello, everyone thank you so much in taking an interest in getting these kids into a home. Please feel free to go up and talk to any of the kids and let me know which one feels right." Ms. Gratz graciously instructs. But, I know she doesn't care about a loving home she just wants most of us out of here.

It was about 5 minutes a few of the littles had been taken into other rooms and just as Sylvia assumed they payed no mind to the teenagers. Suddenly one youngish looking man couldn't be older than 30 suddenly approached me.

"Do you mind if we go talk in the other room?" He asks nicely.

" Of course not." I respond trying to muster the most real smile I can.

We go into one of the many dining rooms on the first floor, that was completely empty. It felt really odd it just being the two of us in such a large space.

" How old are you?" He asks looking into my eyes.

" uh- 17" I stutter nervously.

" Your very pretty," He says with a smile and something that makes me uncomfortable in the look in his eyes.

" thanks" I mumble.

" Are you an only child?" He questioned curiously.

" No, I have a younger sister, Ivy." I answer honestly.

" And how old is she?" He interrogates.

" She's 12." I confirmed.

" Brilliant" He says then walks off leaving me alone in the giant dining room. What was that all about?

Ms. Gratz starts to call names of children who are to be fostered. I have to say I was extremely shocked when not one but both mine and Ivys names were called. I look around wondering who would be fostering us. I know that guy talked to me but, he honestly didn't seem like a kid guy. I wonder if anyone talked to Ivy.

"Mr. Ferrara" The guy from earlier introduces. " I'll be your foster parent" He says with a not so warm smile.

" Nice to meet you Mr. Ferrara" I greet " My names Alexia but please call me Lexi, and this is Ivy."

" Please, follow me." He orders as we walk out of the children's home we've been living in for about two months now. We walk out and get in the back of his Porsche. He has a Porsche, who is this dude?

I look over to see Ivy with a daydreamy look on her face. I was going to interrupt to ask her a question but decided against it instead I just rest my hand on hers and whisper so softly she can't even hear " You'll never be exposed to what I was, never"

A/N: I'll try and update a chapter once a day!

Word Count: 1334