chapter 17- open arms

Začít od začátku

'Gray-sama? What happened to your head?' She touched the sore spot on Gray's forehead. He flinched in surprise when her fingers hit the cut.

'Natsu of course. The idiot wanted a fight because he thought I ran away from him. But I got him back good'. Gray pointed behind Juvia and she saw that Lucy had to care of one of his many wounds. Although Natsu seemed to ignore the face that he had wounds.

Juvia chuckled in her fist.

'I've been thinking Juvia... About something Rose said', Gray ran his hand through his hair. 'I didn't really tell you about Rose huh?'

Juvia shook her head. 'Juvia thought you met her by chance'.

'Not really. I was searching for her bec...'

'So Rose-san is a love-rival!'

'Not like that. It's because she cursed me'.

'I thought Gray-sama cursed Rose by accident'.

'I didn't know at that time that I cursed her. She cursed me back to get her revenge...' this would be the most difficult part to tell her. 'Juvia I'm sorry'.

Juvia grabbed his hands. 'Nothing Gray-sama would say could make Juvia upset'.

Gray took a big breath. 'I should've trusted you more. Rose told me that she cursed me so she could kill me. But I always thought that it was her fault nobody loved me for real. But this means...'

'Gray-sama, your talking too fast. Juvia doesn't understand'.

Gray took another big breath. 'I know now that you really love me Juvia'.

'Of course Juvia loves you. Didn't Gray-sama notice?'

'No, no, I noticed. I just thought it was fake, unreal'.

'Fake?' Juvia repeated him. She thought for a moment before turning around and walking away to the door.

'Oi Juvia', Gray grabbed her hand. 'Where are you going? Let me explain'.

'Juvia has to think', she pulled softly her hand free. Gray didn't force her to stay with him. Although he would rather pull her even closer.

Rose's words ran over and over in his mind while he watched Juvia leave the guild defenseless.

'What are you talking about idiot? I told you I would deny you love, not make people fall in love with you'.

'But I thought... that you made it so that everyone thought they loved me. But it was fake. If you didn't do that, why did every enemy fall in love with me?'

'Why should I care! I'm just trying to slowly murder you. I don't know why anyone would run after you!'

'But that means...' Gray got hit on the arm by a balded fist of Rose.

'I'm done now', she walked away.

'Just a minute! You said you tried to kill me. Could you at least lift that curse?'

'When I feel like it, maybe?' Rose opened the slide door and sat back into her seat next to the train-window.

Gray was going to worry later about that curse. She wanted him to die slowly, he didn't feel sick, which meant he had time enough... and he knew for sure that Rose was slowly getting more considerate.

For now he had to make things up with Juvia. He wanted to clarify what he meant. He didn't want her to miss-understand. He didn't even have the chance to tell her what he felt.