final.

Hyunsuk was finally discharged from the hospital and is back home. He felt more at ease now that he'll be staying there instead of the intimidating hospital walls that surrounded him for more than 3 weeks.

Dohyun pushed him inside with his wheelchair even if he could walk. His best friend insisted that it would be better if he starts walking when there's no cast on his foot.

They were greeted by stacked boxes in the living room which were the twins' stuff. The maids were making sure that everything was complete for their move today. Haruto and Sei were sitting down on the couch, playing with their iPads with their respective backpacks on.

"Hi kids." Dohyun greeted them with a wave. They both looked up and smiled at him.

"Hi Uncle Dohyun." Sei waved back at him. "Hello Daddy Suk." She greeted him as well.

Hyunsuk felt relief when she still acknowleged his presence after their last encounter. "Hello cupcake."

She stood up from the couch and walked towards him to give him a hug. Haruto followed close by but Hyunsuk could sense that he was more distant than usual.

"I missed you, Daddy." Sei said while hugging him.

"I missed you too, Sei. You and Ruto." Hyunsuk said while stroking her hair. "I'm sorry for what happened, I shouldn't have gotten mad with the two of you."

"It's okay Daddy, Mommy Heeyoung and everyone else explained to us everything..." Sei softly said.

"Are you guys all set? These are your only things?" Dohyun asked them.

"Some of our things are in the truck already." Haruto answered him.

"Okay that's good. Are you gonna miss your room here?"

"A bit..." He avoided eye contact with them.

The sound of a car parked outside made them turn their heads, the doorbell rang too. "That must be them, let them in please." Hyunsuk told one of the maids who rushed going out.

Heeyoung and Jaehyuk entered the house and greeted them with a bow. Haruto immediately rushed to Heeyoung and clinged on to her leg. Meanwhile, Sei gave her Dad a sweet smile and wave.

"Hello Hyunsuk." Jaehyuk greeted him.

"Hey, nice to see you. Sorry if you still needed to pick them up, I could've brought them there if I didn't have this cast on my foot." He glanced at his swollen foot that was wrapped in a cast.

"It's fine, you should rest." Heeyoung told him.

Hearing Heeyoung talk to him again made him want to cry on the spot. Things didn't end well between them and he felt guilty about it.

"So uhm, I guess it's time for you to go kids." Hyunsuk told them.

Sei stood up from the couch and walked going to Jaehyuk, still holding her iPad. "I'll give you guys time to say goodbye to your Dad okay? I'll just tell the truck driver to follow my car." Jaehyuk said before heading out.

Heeyoung urged Haruto to go near his Dad instead of clinging on to her. "Don't play with your iPad inside the car okay? You might get carsick." Hyunsuk patted Sei's head. She nodded and placed the iPad in her bag.

"Make sure that you'll be good kids there okay? I don't want to hear about the two of you fighting." Hyunsuk started tearing up.

Sei noticed it and hugged him. "Daddy, don't cry." She pouted.

Haruto followed and gave him a hug too despite him being upset with him. "You should study well too, don't be involved with any bad kids who bully others. That's very bad." Hyunsuk didn't even care anymore and cried.

"We'll miss you a lot, Daddy." Haruto said, softly crying.

"I will too. I won't be able to go home and see you in your rooms anymore." He hugged them back.

"And also, no boyfriends and girlfriends til' you're 50 okay?" He joked around.

"Ew, Dad." Sei said with a chuckle.

Heeyoung watched them and blinked back the tears forming in her eyes. She couldn't bare to watch them too much.

"I love you two, always remember that okay?"

They nodded their heads. "We love you too, Dad." Haruto said.

"Go out now, your Dad must be waiting."

They let go of him and ran going out even if their faces were tear stained and there's probably snot on their nose.

Hyunsuk and Heeyoung suddenly made contact which was a queue for her to say something.

"Thanks, Hyunsuk." She said.

"For what?"

"For doing what's right." She answered. "Get well soon, the twins might need you eventually so you need to be fully healed by then."

"Physically only or emotionally too?"

Heeyoung paused for a moment. "Whichever is possible."

"I'll be sure to do that."

"Okay." She replied shortly. "See you around, Hyun." She walked out of the house and followed Jaehyuk and the twins to the car.

They left with the moving truck following them to their home.

Hyunsuk wasn't used to the house being so silent, it was usually filled with laughter or the Pinkfong songs playing on speakers. Now, it literally had nothing. Just soft sounds of footsteps here and there.

"Day 1 of being alone, I guess." He muttered to himself.

end of SIU 070122.