29

Royal Drop Main Building

"–And GEMINI's event for employing the members of a non-profit organization was a success." Dohyun gave him a brief overview of the latest updates on the sub-companies of Royal Drop.

"That's good," Hyunsuk plainly replied to him while checking the report on his clipboard. He sighed and dropped it on his desk carelessly. "Is there anything else I need to know?"

Dohyun coughs uncomfortably and gulps. "The results in the lab are done, it might come in the mail later this afternoon."

"Shit, that fast?"

"It's been a week and a half, it's not really as fast as you think."

Hyunsuk sighed again. "I can't focus my mind on any of these stupid plans that I came up with for the companies. That DNA test will be the death of me and I just wanna get the results." He buries his face in his hands stressfully.

"I thought you said you were confident about being their father? Why are you so shaken up now?" Dohyun sat down on the armrest of the couch near the desk.

"As much as I hate to admit it, I'm not that confident okay? Things can go sideways when you're too calm about something, it's better that I'm actually nervous." He clasps his hands together and rests them on his messy desk.

"Do you have any plans on what happens next in case you really aren't their father?"

"I don't even wanna think about it, this test is giving me enough anxiety already."

"Does Heeyoung know?"

His eyes widen and he brings out his phone. "Shit, I forgot to pick up Hee–"

Knock knock.

The door opens and she comes into plain sight with a tired look on her face. "Hey, Dohyun." She greets his friend.

"Hi, Heeyoung." He greets back. "I'll be getting some food downstairs for him, do you need anything?" He pulls a little white lie.

"Oh no thank you." She declines his offer and sits down on the couch as he leaves.

Heeyoung rests her head on her hand while looking at Hyunsuk. They stared at each other for quite a while before he gulps and speaks up. "Baby, I'm sorry I forgot to pick you up." He stands up from his chair and immediately walks up to her.

"It's alright, I just wished you could've told me beforehand."

He sits down next to her and pulls her into his arms. A soft kiss was planted on her forehead as he cuddles her. "I'm sorry, I've been so distracted with work earlier. It slipped my mind that I had plans to pick you up today." He said while they stayed in that position.

She breaks the hug and faces him. "I know Hyun, even the kids can notice it." Her eyes drift somewhere else as she avoids eye contact with him.

"Hm? What do you mean?" He holds her hand and rubs the back of it with his thumb.

"The twins are aware that you've been busy for quite some time now. Even when I visit, you come home late for dinner. The one time you came early was when they fought."

Hyunsuk closed his eyes and sighed. "I'm going to make it up to the three of you, I promise. Just give me a few more days to fix some things and we'll spend a whole week together. Just us four." He pulls her hand to his lips and plants a kiss on top of it.

"I'm sure they'll be looking forward to that." She smiles.