43

Royal Drop Main Building

"Is he inside?" Hyunsuk asked his bodyguard as he places his hand on the door handle. He nods his head in response and the rest of them follows him inside. 

They see Jaehyuk sitting on one of the black meeting chairs in his white button up, a surprising look to see on him rather than his plain long-sleeved shirts and pants. His coat was hanging on the other chair while some papers were scattered in front of him.

"Good morning," Hyunsuk greeted the guest while buttoning his coat and sitting down across him. "Do you want some coffee or water before we start?" 

He shakes his head. "No thanks, I'm good." 

The CEO responds to him with a firm nod. "So, let's get started shall we?" He clasps his hands together and sets it down on the table. "As you know, I'm pretty adamant with letting you meet the kids. In fact, I never want you to see them."

Jaehyuk gulps and puts his hands under the table to hide his balled up fists. Hyunsuk snaps his fingers and instructs his bodyguard to put something down on the table. The bodyguard sets down a black briefcase and opens it, revealing the thick bundled up money inside. No emotion or shock was present on Jaehyuk's face as he sees it.

"Now I have an offer for you-" 

"An offer to give me money in exchange of you keeping my children?" 

"Is this not enough for you?" Hyunsuk points at the briefcase and sighs. "I saw this coming. Hey, bring out the rest. Stack it up if you must." 

The bodyguards brought out even more suitcases with money and stacked them on the table one by one. Half of the table just had money and briefcases scattered on it. Jaehyuk just rolls his eyes and leans on his chair.

"There, is that alright? This is roughly 35 billion won, I doubt it that you won't say yes." 

He chuckles. "Is that all you think of me?" Jaehyuk pauses. "A guy who you can shoo away with money?"

He leans on the table and places his arms on top. "Is that all that you think of my children too? Do you think that they're worth just 35 billion won?" 

Hyunsuk starts getting annoyed now that he sees his plan isn't going well. "Sei and Haruto are priceless. You can give me the world but nothing can ever replace them. That's how real fathers feel, right? Or don't you know because you're not their real father?" Jaehyuk slightly pushes on his buttons but he doesn't seem to regret it.

"All this money won't get you to push me away from my kids. Seeing how you're dealing with me now, I don't want my them to grow up or spend any more days with you. I don't want them to grow up thinking that money can solve everything." He continues. "You know, I was willing to cooperate with you by slowly breaking it to them that I'm their real father. I could've handled being with them on weekends only and during their birthdays and special holidays. Now, I want them to stay with me, live with me."

Hyunsuk gritted his teeth. "How much more do you need?" He said in an angry tone.

He scoffed. "Did you not listen to a single word I said?"

The CEO bangs his fist on the table. "Just tell me how much you fucking need! Stop it with these words! Do you want me to give you multiple properties? Sports cars? Designer products? Just name it and I'll fucking give it!" He yelled.

"Do you think I need all of those? Who do you think you're talking to, huh?" Jaehyuk raises his voice.

"I'm talking to a guy who's broke as hell and can't even support himself, what more if the twins stay with you for a day or two." 

"I'm not broke, just so you know." 

"Oh yeah? Then how long do you think they would even last with you?" Hyunsuk smirks.

"They can spend their whole lives with me. I've got everything settled."

He scoffs. "You talk like you're some rich guy when you're not."

"You're so quick to judge, did you even run a background check on me?" This time, it was Jaehyuk who smirked.

"Do I need to? You're living a trashy life."

"So you really didn't?" He held back his laughter. "I must admit, Hyunsuk, that was pretty dumb on your part." 

Hyunsuk just rolls his eyes in annoyance. "It's not like you have anything to prove." 

He takes out his wallet and pulls out a card just to swiftly throw it across the table. The CEO cautiously reads what's written as he picks it up. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be meeting up with my lawyer to discuss the processes in changing the details of the twins' legal documents." 

Jaehyuk stood up from his chair and walked out, leaving the other at a daze as he stares at the business card. He leans back on his chair and bites his inner cheek. "0723 Media's new CEO, I should've fucking known." He whispered to himself.