50

"Uncle Noa...?" Sei's eyes lit up as she called out to him.

"My baby sushi..." He walked towards Sei's bed while Heeyoung stands to walk away. "What happened to my two sushi rolls? I always tell you to keep safe but look at what happened now..."

"Sorry Uncle Noa." She apologizes to him.

"Don't be sorry, baby. It's not your fault you got into this accident." He kisses her forehead. Noa then looks at Jihoon and Indigo to greet them before walking towards Jaehyuk.

He pulls out an envelope from his small sling bag and hands it to him. "I believe you should read this, Jae. I found it 2 weeks ago while cleaning up Kumi's room."

Jaehyuk shakily grabs the envelope from him with teary eyes. Simply seeing her handwriting on the envelope made him weak to the knees cause of how much he missed her.

"Sei, he's Mr. Oppa right?" Noa asks her while pointing towards Jaehyuk.

She nods in response. "Call him Dad from now on, okay?"

A confused look was plastered on her face. "But why?" She asks weakly.

Noa walked back to her. "Baby, I know you won't understand things yet but... he's your real Dad."

"Mr. Oppa is me and Ruto's father?" She asks once again.

Noa nods. "Your Mommy... I mean your Mommy who isn't Heeyoung, loved him a lot. But she made wrong decisions that's why you only met him now." He explained carefully.

"Is it true that... Mommy is dead?" Sei looked at Jaehyuk with such emotion.

He couldn't help but let his tears fall now. "Yes love, I'm sorry."

Sei felt sad with his answer. "But Mommy Heeyoung won't leave me right?" She avoided eye contact with everyone while pouting.

Everyone looked at Heeyoung with a hopeful look in their eyes. She then looked at Jaehyuk for help. "She won't... I promise." Jaehyuk answered while looking at her.

"You won't leave us... right?" He whispered to her.

She shook her head. "I won't."

"Uncle Noa, I'm scared of Daddy Hyunsuk. I don't like him. He yelled at me and Ruto." Sei told Noa.

"Do you want to stay with Mommy Heeyoung and Daddy Jaehyuk?" He asked.

"Yes Uncle, I want to stay with them and Haruto." She nodded immediately.

"All of us here will make sure of that, okay?" Noa told her. "You should rest like your twin. He's already dozing off in dream land."

Sei nodded her head and yawned. She positioned herself comfortably and laid on her side.

"Good night Uncle Noa. Good night Auntie Indigo and Uncle Jihoon. Good night police officer and pretty lady." She greeted everyone.

"Good night Mommy Heeyoung and Daddy Jaehyuk." She then closed her eyes to sleep.

Jaehyuk's mouth parted after hearing her call him like that. His heart was beating so loud and fast cause of excitement and he was tearing up again cause of all the emotions he felt. Heeyoung smiled at him, proud that his daughter has acknowledged him as her dad.

"So close, my loves. I'll be with you soon." He thought.

"Thank you for earlier, Noa." Jaehyuk said as him and Noa walked in the hospital hallway.

"No worries, I kinda feel like I just took on your job for telling them the truth though. But it's better if it did come from someone they're comfortable with." Noa said.

"I wanna ask though... aren't you mad at me?" Jaehyuk glances at him.

"At you? For what? Not being there for the kids for 5 years? Kinda, but that's Wakumi's fault." Noa tells him. "Actually, everything is her fault. I'm saying this without any biases."

"No... I don't think it is. I mean, I do think I have some partial fault to that too."

"Jaehyuk, can you stop lying to yourself just because you love her? Just a friendly piece of advice." Noa sighs. "I know that the reason why you and Wakumi fought was because you wanted her to quit her shitty teaching job cause it's gonna kill her sooner or later."

"Her pride was too high and she was mad, but that doesn't give her the right to go clubbing and fuck someone who isn't her boyfriend." He bluntly says.

Jaehyuk hate to admit it but Noa was right. He really just can't tell that to himself cause of his own guilt.

"Anyways, I'll be here to support you know that I know the truth. I kinda do feel bad cause I hated you for years and now I find out that it's my sister's stupid decisions that lead to all this." Noa chuckles. "I'll see you around, Jae. I'll be staying in Korea for a month. You know where to find me."

😏