32

"Hey Hyunjoo, where are you?" Heeyoung said through the phone.

"I'm at home, why?"

She sighed. "I just need to talk to someone right now, Hyunsuk's acting really mean." 

Hyunjoo chuckled. "The way you say it is like you guys are grade-schoolers. Aish, I'll come to your apartment. What ice cream do you want?"

"Get some chocolate ice cream. A pint, alright?" 

"Okay bye." Hyunjoo dropped the call.

As the call ended, she got a glimpse of her phone's wallpaper which is a picture of her and Hyunsuk at the beach in the U.K. when he proposed. A distressed sigh escaped her lips as she stared at it.

"Stop trying to handle things on your own, Hyun..." She whispered to herself. "I'm here for you and I have always been." 

Heeyoung locked her phone and leaned her head towards the window of the bus. She watched the surroundings pass by her as the vehicle moved at a good amount of speed. After the 20-minute bus ride, she got down at the nearest bus stop from her apartment and walked going there. Just at the same time, she spotted Hyunjoo walking in the same direction as her. 

Hyunjoo chuckled. "What the hell? We really arrived at the same time?" Heeyoung couldn't help but smile at her friend's presence.

They entered her apartment and took off their shoes and jackets. "Ah, I missed the vibe of your apartment. It's so clean and... white." Hyunjoo looked at the interior and saw how almost everything was in the color white.

"You should try cleaning up your apartment too, when was the last time you even vacuumed the place?" She joked around and sat down on the couch. Hyunjoo followed and set the plastic bag with ice cream in between them.

"I don't know, a month ago? Yeah, I clean once a month but it's not much." Heeyoung's face scrunched up in disgust. "Anyway, here's your ice cream." Hyunjoo handed her the pint she requested for with a plastic spoon.

"Thanks." She gladly took the container and opened it. 

"So what's up? What happened with Hyunsuk?" Hyunjoo asked and did the same as her.

"He's been acting distant lately cause he didn't tell me about a problem that he was facing. I should be mad at him for not telling me but instead, I comforted him. I pushed past the level of patience I have yet he's making me feel like I shouldn't be there for him cause he's getting annoyed."

"Annoyed by what, you?" Heeyoung nodded her head. "Wow, that's shitty." Hyunjoo placed a spoon of ice cream in her mouth. 

"I'm just so frustrated cause it's like he's okay with leaving me out of important things going on around him. He doesn't need to tell me everything but he should at least tell me if something's troubling him." 

Hyunjoo placed another spoon of ice cream in her mouth. "Look, not everyone has the courage to tell other people what they're going through especially if they act all tough in front of others. It hurts their pride to do so, they don't wanna act weak." She swallowed the sweet dessert. "You should give him some space and talk to him when he's in a proper state. Expecting a good response to your concern right now is just like clowning yourself."

"Yeah, I'll just give him some space. I don't want to say some things that I can't take back." She looked down at her ice cream and ate her first spoon of it.

Hyunjoo looked at her apologetically. "You can take some time to just enjoy yourself you know? No boyfriend involved. Maybe you can take a week off of work!" She tried lightening up the mood. 

She looked at her with suspicious eyes but considered the thought. "That's actually a good idea, maybe I can go back to Yongin and spend time with my siblings." 

"See? Then we can go shopping!" Hyunjoo did a small dance while holding her pint of ice cream.

Heeyoung playfully rolled her eyes. "Aish, you and your unending shopping sprees." She finally had a small smile on her face for the first time today.

filler chapter I'm sorry :P