46

"Goodbye class, don't forget to do your art homework!" The kindergarten teacher cheerfully tells her little students.

Haruto and Sei grabbed their backpacks and immediately ran going out the classroom door just like their classmates. Everyone was running to their moms, dads, and nannies but the twins already expected that they needed to wait for their driver to come. They took their usual seats in the colorful waiting area of the hall.

As they were about to bring out some toys from their bag, they spotted a familiar figure walking up to them. Their eyes lit up and smiled brightly. "Mommy!" The two of them ran going to Heeyoung and gave her a hug.

They noticed the guy standing close by with a smile on his face and smiled back at him. "How are you guys? I missed you!" Heeyoung tells them.

"We missed you too, when can we get ice cream again?" Sei asked in excitement.

She chuckled. "Soon, honey," Heeyoung tucks some strands of hair behind her ear. "Oh, I'd like to introduce you to someone."

Heeyoung stood up and motioned for him to come closer. "This is my friend, his name is Jaehyuk."

"Hello Mr. Jaehyuk." They greeted him with small giggles.

"I like his name, Mommy. It sounds nice." Haruto gave his compliments.

"Hm, it does? Really?" She joked around while looking at Jaehyuk.

"It's nice to meet you, kids." He told them. Jaehyuk noticed how Haruto was staring at him and Sei alternately, it confused him a bit til he spoke up.

"Mr. Jaehyuk, you look like Sei Sei!" Haruto laughed. "Sei Sei, you look like Mr. Jaehyuk."

Being the silly kids they are, they giggled innocently. But the two adults looked at each other with panic in their eyes.

"Oh hehe, yeah. Sei does look a bit like him." Heeyoung half heartedly agreed to him. She didn't look a bit like him, she looked A LOT like him now that they're actually together.

"Mr. Jaehyuk, are you my sibling?" Sei cutely tilted her head to the side while she joked around.

Their biological father couldn't help but chuckle at her cuteness. "Hmm, I'm not sure. Do I look like an oppa?" He rode along with the joke.

"I'll call you Mr. Oppa!" Sei laughed.

Heeyoung was enjoying how the three interacted with one another, it was such a precious moment. If only she could capture a memory and frame it in her mind, she would definitely do that.

But this beautiful sight eventually came to an end when she sees Hyunsuk approaching them with an annoyed look on his face.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Hyunsuk asks in a low tone before shoving Jaehyuk's shoulder to look at him.

"I accompanied Heeyoung to meet Sei and Haruto." He calmly replies.

Heeyoung approached the two boys, not wanting to cause a scene in front of the twins. "Try doing or saying anything in front of the kids and I'll keep them away from the two of you myself." She pushes them apart while glaring.

The twins were confused and scared of the situation unfolding in front of them. They couldn't understand the conversation well but it was obvious to see that there was tension and anger around them. Haruto held Sei's hand and gave her a reassuring grip that he would be there for her even if he was scared too.

"You shouldn't have come here." Hyunsuk looks at Jaehyuk before shoving his shoulder again.

"Why shouldn't I? The last time I checked, this is my life and not yours." He replied to him.

They kept bickering at each other and their voices gradually increased, just like the twins' fear that was growing.

"Can you just leave, please?" Heeyoung finally snapped as she can't stand it anymore. "We'll leave too. If you want to argue with each other, find another place to go to."

Hyunsuk clenched his jaw and looked at the kids with dark eyes. "Let's go." He said lowly.

But the twins stayed in place, afraid that their dad would talk to them just like how he talked to Heeyoung's friend. Hyunsuk walked toward the exit just to realize that they weren't moving.

"I said, let's go." He said annoyingly.

Sei looked at Haruto whose eyes were tearing up due to fear. "Ruto, let's just go..." She softly told her twin.

"I don't want to go with Daddy, he's scary. I want to stay with Mommy and Mr. Oppa." A tear rolled down his cheek as he sniffled.

Tears were brimming in Heeyoung's eyes as she sees how scared they are. She just wanted to hold them and take them home for her to take care of. If nothing was in the way for her and Jaehyuk to get them, she definitely would.

"Haruto! Sei! I said come here!" He yelled at them.

Sei started tearing up too while Haruto cried even more. They had no choice but to go. They took little steps to walk towards him but they both looked at Jaehyuk and Heeyoung for help.

"I'm sorry, kids." Heeyoung softly said before they were taken away by Hyunsuk.

When they were finally out of sight, she finally let her tears flow freely. Her heart was shattered. It hurt even more than her breakup with Hyunsuk.

Jaehyuk held back all the emotions he had earlier. When he was too happy and excited to see his twins for the first time, he held back from scooping them into his arms and giving them unlimited kisses. When Hyunsuk came and argued with him, he held back from cursing and acting violently. When he saw how Haruto and Sei didn't want to leave, he held back taking them away on his own since they might get overwhelmed with the situation.

And now, seeing Heeyoung's heart breaking, he held back from crying out of hurt and desperation. Instead, he placed his arms around her body and let her cry on his chest. She sobbed and stained his shirt with her tears.

Out of intuition, he planted a soft kiss on her head. "We'll get them, Hee. I promise we will."