35

Yongin, South Korea

Heeyoung entered the empty room of her sister and sat on the edge of the bed. She just finished eating dinner with her family. Her sister was arriving home late since she did some overtime work for her job that's why she's alone for now.

She wasn't used to taking breaks, she would always be working or taking care of the kids. Their house didn't have any of her things either since her room was turned to a play room for her little cousins.

A sigh escaped her lips. If only the situation between her and Hyunsuk was alright, she wouldn't even take a week off of work. The atmosphere just wasn't right if she continued with Sol and Luna in that state. She buried her face in her hands and took deep breaths as she started overthinking.

Her thoughts were interrupted when the door of the dim room opened. Hyunjoo stared at her weirdly. "What are you doing without any light in here? If I didn't remember that you were coming home I would've called a shaman to eliminate your bad spirit from our house." She scrunched her face and turned on the light.

Heeyoung squinted her eyes when the white light filled every corner of the room. "Because your light is too bright, gosh." She shielded her eyes with her right hand.

Her sister put down her shoulder bag and removed her coat. "You look stressed though, I figured that's why you'd take a break." She hung the coat at the back of her door and faced her again. "Work problems?"

"Relationship problems." She muttered loud enough for her to hear.

Hyunjoo froze. "Huh? What happened?" She asked in disbelief. "For almost a decade I've never heard you say that you and Hyunsuk oppa are having problems."

"Surprise then." She said sarcastically with a small chuckle.

"What's the issue?" Hyunjoo pulled her office chair and sat down.

Heeyoung shifted positions and sat down more comfortably on the bed. "Don't tell anyone about this okay?" She told her sister seriously. "It turns out that the twins aren't Hyunsuk's kids. Their biological father found them after years of searching."

"So how is that a relationship problem? Are you mad that they aren't his kids?"

"What? No." Heeyoung's face scrunched. "He started acting different in a bad way but I get that it's because of the situation. He doesn't wanna lose the kids."

She paused for a moment. "I'm just bothered that he would be annoyed with me when I haven't done anything else but be there for him. He's been so rude and it hurts my feelings."

Her sister smiled at her apologectially. "That's really hard, you wouldn't know whether or not you should keep trying to understand him. Not because you feel an intense amount of pressure and anger doesn't mean that you have the right to hurt someone."

"Yeah, that's why I'm pretty torn right now and decided to give him some space."

"You aren't wrong with the decision though, it's pretty wise if you would ask me."

Heeyoung chuckled. "Thanks."

"I'm gonna take a shower first then you can tell me more stuff about your life in Seoul. My legs are itching like crazy." They both laughed as Hyunjoo got her towel and left the room.

She was left alone again in the room with her thoughts still clouding her mind. The amount of concern she had for everyone was immeasurable especially now that she was away from them.

Her phone rang from the bedside table and she saw the name flashing on the screen.

"Choi Hyunsuk ♡"

She gulped and cleared her throat before answering the call. "Hello?"

"Heeyoung, where the hell are you?" She heard Hyunsuk's slurred voice through the other end.

"Are you drunk?" She looked at the small clock on the bedside table and saw that it was only 8:45. A frustrated sigh escaped her lips and she closed her eyes to calm herself down.

"I said where are you?" His voice raised slightly.

"I'm at home." She calmly answered.

"No, you aren't at your fucking house!" He yelled.

She flinched at his voice and she swallowed the lump forming in her throat. "When I say that I'm at home I mean I'm at my parents' house." Heeyoung still tried her best to remain calm despite her shaky voice.

Hyunsuk scoffed. "And what, you didn't even bother telling me? Am I just shit to you now that's why you left me for that fucking tour guide?"

"I was supposed to tell–"

"No, you left me for him! That dickhead is ruining my life by getting my kids and my girlfriend next. I shouldn't have trusted you!"

Her mouth parted as she felt the growing pain within her. She opened her eyes and the droplets of tears immediately made its escape.

"I shouldn't have told you about them, I was so stupid to do that! We should've just gotten married first so he wouldn't stand a chance in trying to steal you away from me. Fuck it!"

She stayed silent cause she didn't know what to say.

"I'm coming to get you." He told her firmly.

"No."

"I said I'm coming to–"

"No!" She stopped holding herself back and yelled. "Have you even listened to yourself? You're not in the right mind to do anything! What more do you have to do and say to hurt me, Hyun? I just can't try to understand you anymore cause you've crossed the line with all that you've said!" She sobbed.

"If you're going to keep up this attitude and behavior of yours then it's best if we call off this engagement." She looked at the diamond ring on her hand. "I don't want to get married with a guy who would treat me with disrespect just because he's going through something."

Heeyoung ended the call and threw her phone on the other side of the bed.