06

Cafe Acoustica

Heeyoung entered the café and immediately smelled the comforting aroma of coffee. Even if she wasn't a coffee drinker, no one could deny that the smell of freshly grinded coffee beans smell good. She saw her best friend, Hyunjoo sitting down at the back where there were couches and sat down across her.

"Hey Heeyoung!" Hyunjoo greeted her with a bright smile.

"Hello." She greeted back. "How have you been?"

"I'm doing well of course. The sunset cruise I went to was amazing, we should try it sometime." She excitedly said. "But anyways, I should be asking you how you're doing. How was your trip to the U.K. with Hyunsuk?"

"Oh it was beautiful, the trip was just tiring. Really tiring." Heeyoung sighed.

"And what did you do there?"

"We went on a 5 hour trip going to London which drained us but it was worth the visit."

"You saw the Big Ben in real life already, I envy you." Hyunjoo laughed.

Heeyoung just smiled. "There's always a next time."

"And what else did you do?"

"We stayed at a hotel in London for the night, went back to his house which was another 5 hour drive, I fell asleep, then we watched the sunset at the beach." She said. "And I got engaged." She smirked.

Hyunjoo's eyes widened. "Holy shit, are you serious? He proposed?" She nodded her head and chuckled. Her best friend grabbed her hand and examined the ring. "How did he propose?"

"While we watched the sunset. It was just very simple, I liked it."

"Not gonna lie, Hyunsuk is the type of guy who would go all-out but because of how well he knows you he probably respected the fact that he wouldn't do that anymore." Hyunjoo nodded her head. "That's on future husband shit right there." They both chuckled.

Heeyoung finally touched her cup of frappuccino on the side that Hyunjoo ordered beforehand. "So you guys had sex when you went home huh?" Hyejin raised her eyebrows and teased her. "Oh wait, I forgot that you aren't that type of person but who knows maybe you broke your rules for him." She smirked at her.

"It's good you know I'm not like that." Heeyoung said. "But I did quite break my rules, just quite."

"What do you mean?" Hyunjoo asked in curiosity.

Heeyoung sighed. "Don't tell this to anyone, okay?"

Hyunjoo nodded. "The day after he proposed, I met his kids." Her voice got lower as she talked and avoided eye contact with her.

A gasp escaped Hyunjoo's lips. "Kids?" She whisper-yelled. "So you mean he was married or in a relationship before he dated you?"

"Actually, I don't know." She suddenly realized. "I didn't ask him about that but I don't think it's proper to."

"So how many kids does he have?"

"Two, he has twins. One boy and one girl."

"Wow, that sperm is strong." Heeyoung found it weird that her best friend said that but ended up laughing. "But shouldn't you know? What did he say?"

"He told me that he didn't want to tell me before because I would be affiliated with the kids which can possibly put them in a risky situation. Hyunsuk isn't ready to let his kids be exposed to the world of paparazzis following them."

"How old are they though?"

"6 years old."

"Hmm, he could've at least told you right? You don't need to meet them or anything, just knowing that they exist was enough."

Heeyoung nodded her head. "It's alright, he already apologized and I didn't make it much of a big deal. It just shocked me."

"You're going to be a step-mom now, what a twist of fate." Hyunjoo chuckled. "They must be scared of you."

"His son is very sociable. His daughter is quite uneasy around me, though. We even had a staring contest once which caused me great discomfort but she's alright, she might be observing me."

"You'll get used to it eventually, Mommy Heeyoung." Hyunjoo teased her.

"Don't call me that, I literally just met the kids." Heeyoung gave her a small smile.

"Is it a dealbreaker though? Like did it cross your mind to breakup with him cause he had kids?"

"No, of course I do want that my boyfriend's first sexual intercourse would be with me and we would have our own kids together but I don't find anything wrong if I'm engaged to someone with kids. It's just uncomfortable but not a good enough reason for a breakup."

Hyunjoo nodded her head. "You're a good person, this is why you're my best friend."

Heeyoung chuckled. "Thank you."

T-Map later at 12pm kst yay!

socmed:

twt - holowrites
ig - graeru
wp - graeru