009

Jeremiah and Belly walked slightly ahead of me as i trail along behind them. We reach the top of the stairs and walk into a room. Jeremiah links his arm with mine as i stand next to him, with Belly the other side of him. There is lots of girls staring at us as we stand there, my palms become sweaty, this was a bad idea.

"Jeremiah" A lady stand up from the table closest to us

"Paige" He replies with the nod of his head

"Where is your shirt?" She asks him lifting up her arms

"It's always a pleasure" He says, completly ignoring her question and kisses her hand.

"This is Isabelle Conkin one of the young women my mum has told you about" He says gesturing to Belly

"And this is Maddison Conklin the other young woman my mum told you about" He says turning to my "My future wife" He winks at paige. I swear my heart just skipped a beat.

I slap his arm "They're late" She says to Jeremiah

"We are so sorry" Belly tell her stuttering over her words.

"you're both at table two" She smiles at us

"Are those little brie and fig jam sandwiches with the prosciutto?" Jeremiah asks Paige

"Don't you dare" She warns him

"Okay" He says before no listening to her and thaking one anyways dispite her protests.

"Knock them dead" He winks before running away.

I look over to the table and see Shayla, the girl my brother was with, Nicole the one Belly saw Conrad kissing, FML. We walk over and sit down with quiet "Hi" from the different girls around the table. "Strawberry Mads Pie" i thought to myself.

"Hey" Shayla says making belly and i turn our head

"Hi" We both say

"Is that from the other night" She asks poiting to the bruise above Belly's eye

"Yeah" She says shyly.

"Here let me fix it" She tells her pulling conceler and beauty blender out of her bag.

She daps the sponge on her bruise "I think that will be good" she smiles

"yeah" Belly smiles back " Thank you"

I sit here fiddling with my fingers just waiting for this to be over. I don't know what to think of the girls some feel like they are judging me and the others feel like they semi like me.

"I told my mum the on way i would do this is if i could bring my girlfriend, because i thought it would be a deal breaker, but the club has been surprisingly chill about the whole thing" a girl from the table says. thats all i here from the convisation as i zoned out.

"I'm honestly shocked" Another girl says with the others agreeing.

"Lesbians and debutantes are, like, a completly juxtaposing idea" The first girl continues

"Yeah but cousins likes to pretend to be woke" Nicole starts "Trust me. My family deals with it all the time"

"The things we do for collage applcations" The first girl continues. Oh no these girls are going to collage.

"Don't worry Marisa" Shayla says. Oh her name is Marisa. "You'll get in everywhere" She reasures her friend.

"Wait. where are you applying?" Belly asks

"Oh the usual. Every Ivy minus Cornel." Marisa tells her

"What about you two?" She asks the both of us.

"Oh Belly and Maddison are both sophomores right? i think thats what Conrad told me" Nicole tells them turning her head to us. All i can think is poor Belly.

"yeah we will be juniors in the fall" Belly says.

"So is this your first time in cousins?" A girl, i think is called Dara, asks us

"No we have been coming here for our whole lives" Belly tells them. I haven't said more than two words since i have been here they probably think i'm weird or something.

"Yeah they are like family friends with Conrad and Jeremiah" Nicole tells them again. How does she know all this stuff, how much has Conrad told her? 

"Are you guys like twins?" Marisa asks tilting her head to the side.

"Uh yeah" I finally say something

"So uh are you and Jeremiah like a thing or are you going to take him to the ball?" a girl asks me.

"Oh my go back off gi" Nicole laughs

"It was a question" She defends herself

"They are basically related okay? you have nothing to worry about" Nicole tells her. That hurt my heart a little bit, do people really think Jeremiah and me can't be together?

"I'm not worried" Gigi tells them

"Yeah sure, keep telling yourself that babe" Marisa puts in

"Gigi has had this thing for Jeremiah" Nicole starts to tell me

"Every since her got abs" Shayla puts in causing laughter to come for everyone around the table. "Relax i'm not into Jeremiah fisher"

"Yeah and your noticing his abs?" Gigi tells her

"No she is to buzy eye fucking the waiter" Marisa points at Shayla. I realise the waiter is my brother. gross.

"Dude thats their brother" She says pointing to us causing laughter once again.

"So what is it like living with the fisher boys?" Dara asks

Belly goes to answer however Paige speaks up from a microphone at the front of the room. Honestly i don't really listen to her speech i am just in my own world in my head. During Paiges speak i see the girl one by one, starting with Shayla, pour so alcohol from a flask into their drinks.

Paiges says something about 'having a big sister' and 'to introduce yourself' when i listen back in

Nicole turns to me "Hey little sis"

"Hey" i laugh quietly.

"Honestly my parents made me do it last year because all the women in my familyhave done it but my big sis was great and i ended up having a lot of fun." she smiles at me "Do you want some?"

"Yeah sure" I reply. She hands me the flask and i pour some into my cup. Belly always went by mum's rule of not drinking however i didn't but she never finds out so i'm always in the clear.

"I will be right back" Belly tells us before running out the door

"What is that about?" Gigi asks. I just shrug my shoulders.

a/n
so this chapter is all about the debutante and how Maddison deals with meeting new people but lucky for her they are really nice girls. enjoy x