004

Belly and I walk dowstairs hearing Jermiah and Steven singing in the bathroom. Belly is wearing her swimsuit ready to go for a night swim when i am just in what i have been wearing all day which is a basic white crop top with some ripped jeans.

We walk into the living room and see our mum on the couch reading somthing on her phone. Belly goes outside to the pool after greating mum with a smiple 'hey' before walking off. I sit down on the couch oppoiste her, letting out a sigh as i sit.

"hey" she says to me looking up from her phone

"hey" i reply giving a half smile

"how many followers is a lot of followers on instagram?" she asks me not looking up from her phone.

"is it someone who's verified or not verified?" i ask her as i pulled my own phone out of the back pocket of my jeans.

"what verified?"she asks with a confusion written all over her face.

I sigh standing up from my place on the couch walking over to her as she shows me her phone with an instagrm page of a writer i recognise.

"oh yeah, Hanna's dad was reading this guy's book" i say taking the phone from her hands "150,000 followers is a lot" i tell her with the nod of my head "especially for a writer"

"Okay, thanks" she replies simply taking the phone from my hands. I go and sit back down in my spot and scoll through my phone again. 10 minutes have passed Jeremiah and Steven had stopped singing, my mum and I are both still scrolling on our phones in silence and belly is still outside in the pool.

Jeremiah and Steven both walk out into the room laughing and pushing each other. "where are you boys going?" my mum asks them causing me to look up at them from my phone.

"bonfire" Jeremiah says smiling down at mum

"ooo can i come?" i chirp up looking at the both of them.

"No!" Steven tells me straight

"Please" i ask standing up from my seat "I missed out last summer" i say looking at him while raising my arms.

"No i don't want to keep an eye on you all the time" He says sternly

"She can stay with me" Jeremiah says putting an arm over my shoulder "i will look after you" He ruffles my hair up

He takes a moment to think "Fine" Steven sighs walking outside.

I turn to look at Jeremiah, with his arm still around me, and giving him a big smile. we both head for the door but before we get out i hear my mum say "Be careful Mads and stay Were Jere okay?"

"mum i know" i say turning back to look at her just before the door closes behind us.

We both walk out to see Steven waiting for us, belly still in the pool and Conrad with his legs dipped in the pool.

"Come on Conrad lets go" Steven says getting inpatient.

"Can i come?" Belly asks with a little bit of hope but also knowing what the answers going to be.

"No" Steven says to her just like he said to me

"but Maddison gets to go" annoyed laced in her tone

"because she missed out last year" Steven replies "and she is staying with Jeremiah" he raises his arm "Come on Conrad hurry up"

With that Conrad got up pulling down the legs of his trousers and puts on his shoes. We start to walk away from the pool toward the beach, Jeremiah puts his arm back around me while chatting to Steven. Before the pool becomes out of sight look back to see belly watching us from the side of the pool. I feel bad for leaving her behind, i didn't really understand why she couldn't come.

We are walking down the beach towards the party and a breeze hits my face. The smell of the sea hits my nose as i inhale my favourite scent of the summer. The boys walk ahead of me laughing and playful fighting while i walk behind them looking at the stars in the sky above the sea. I always like the beach when it's dark or the sun is setting, it always looks beautiful the way the stars shine bright or the way the sun slowly dissapears it's way behind the ocean while the different colours fill the sky. 

That when an idea popped into my head. I pull my phone out of my back pocket, unlocking it, then flipping through my phone to find belly's contact. i text belly telling her to just come down and just have fun because it's summer and i still feel bad for leaving her behind.

We reach the party, Steven and Conrad both go off somewhere and Jeremiah puts his arm back around my shoulders.

"You know i don't need a babysitter right?" I tilt my head to look up at him

"I know, but if Steven sees you wondering around on your own he will send you home" he tilts his head down to look at me "plus i am so much fun to hang around with" he says flashing me a smile

"sure" I say laughing at him as we walk into the crowd of people, his arm still around me.

a/n
Hey! this is a a shorter chapter and it wasn't that exciting but hopfully we will see more of Jeremiah and Maddison action. I hope you are enjoying this story and if you have got any tips for me please let me know x