006

"Officers thank you" Laurel speaks to the cops "it won't happen again, i can promise you that much"

"Tell Mr. Fisher the chief wants to set up a tea time when he gets back in town" The cop tells her

"Absolutely" she replies nodding her head "sorry again for all the trouble"

The cops open the door and walk out "Have a good night officers" she closes the door behind them.

She turns on her heel to face us and shakes her head "how could you guys be so irresponsible?"

"Mum, it wasn't that big of a deal alright? seriously" Steven says annoyed "the cops were just looking to break up the bonfire"

"Not a big deal?" she scoffs

"Yes"

"I would say getting picked up by the cops for underage drinking is a pretty big deal Steven" She tells him with her eyebrows raised

Steven sniffls a laughter "were you guys smoking tonight?"

"what?" she pauses "keep your voice down. Susanah is asleep on the couch" she burts out

"i wasn't yelling" Steven raises his voice

"just so you know Laurel" Jeremiah buts in "Maddison, belly and I weren't drinking tonight i was the DD and i knew you wouldn't want them drinking i swear"

She turns to Conrad "you're the oldest, what the hell has gotten into you?"

Then she turns to belly "why did you leave the house with out telling me and what are you wearing"

"I told her she could come" her head snaps to me "I thought it wasn't fair i got to go and she didn't so i told her she could come"

"Yeah and the dress is Taylor's and why am i the only one who can't leave the house?" Belly crosses her arms

"It's not that you aren't allowed, it's that you should of told me you were going" she sighs "how did you even get there, did Mads and Jere pick you up?"

Me and Jere share a look "I walked" she says quietly

"Jesus" she turns to me "You invited her out and didn't even give her a ride down, you know she can't walk that far down the beach alone at night"

"what?!" i raise my voice "Why is this one me now"

"It's not I'm.." she starts but i cut her off

"If Steven wasn't so stubbon and let her come with us she wouldn't of had to!" i shout "And stop treating us two like kids!"

"If you want to be treated like and adult" She says sternly at me "you need to act like one"

"Then maybe you guys should too" Conrad buts in

"what does that mean?" she asks him. There was a moment of silence "I hope you realise this night could have ended a lot differently, if your family wasn't your family"

"were sorry Laur" Jeremiah says looking down at his feet

She sighs "just" she pauses putting her hand on her head "go to bed guys"

All of us trail off to our bedrooms.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Belly and I are laying on our beds, under the covers, in silence before i sit up to say something.

I lean my back against the headboard of my bed, holding my teddy tight to my chest "right what happened with Cam Cameron tonight huh?" i raise my eyebrows.

She sits up sitting the same way i am "We were just sitting and talking" she replies looking up at the ceiling

"Just talking?" i question. She hums in response.

"talking about what?" a smirk appearing on my lips

"I don't know" she pauses "stuff"

"Stuff?" she looks at me "stuff? is that it"

"yeah" she nods

"okay, and how was the kiss?" i ask the smirk reappearing on my lips

"It was" she pauses "amazing!" she sniffles a laugh

"tounge or no tounge?"

"Maddison!" She shouts at me, throwing her Jr. Mint at me with her eyes wide.

"i'm kidding" i laugh throwing Jr. Mint back at her. She groans  

"Are you ok?" i ask her conserned

"yeah my eye just hurts" she says holding her head

i throw my covers off me "I will go get you some ice or something" walking by her bed to the door.

"thank you" she says still holding her head.

a/n
Hey! already on chapter 6 i am really enjoying writing this story and i hope you are enjoying reading. Thank you for everyone reading my story x