Chapter 18 - Scars

Start from the beginning

"Yeah..." Lucius muttered, glancing towards the bed before focusing on Blayth again.

"A few years after we first started all that... I just... started feeling things I shouldn't have. I would stare at him from the corner of the room, thinking about 'what if's'. It scared me at first. What if things went wrong if we actually did say the words? What if I didn't love him anymore after a while? What if he dies and leaves me alone? What if I die and do the same to him? I couldn't do it. I wasn't sure what it was I felt, so I spoke to Noah about it. He told me how he doubted himself too, and would have missed his chance of telling you he loved you if you hadn't beat him to it. He told me to say it. And... it took a while but I finally got the courage this morning only to be shut down."

"Oh, Blayth..." Lucius mumbled, scooting closer to him.

"I kind of expected it." Blayth said, "When Leon makes his mind up, he doesn't change it that easily."

"It must've been hard."

"The worst part is, I think I ruined what we had." Blayth said, closing his eyes before getting to his feet, starting to pace. "I don't know how to fix it, if that was even possible. I shouldn't have said anything. The way things were was fine, but I got greedy."

"Blayth, don't blame yourself. It is alright to want more from a relationship." Lucius encouraged.

"Too bad Leon doesn't think the same."

"Blayth, why are you giving up so easily?" Lucius asked.

"Because... what else am I to do?"

"Fight for it." Blayth stopped pacing, his eyes on Lucius who added, "Fight for what you want."

"How?" Blayth asked.

"Find out why he said no." Lucius said, "See if it is something you could counter, and make your argument."

Blayth walked back to the couch, sitting down as he said, "You can't force someone to love you."

"You can't be with someone for so long without starting to have feelings for them." Lucius said, placing his glass on the table as he took Blayth's hands in his own, "Listen to me. I cherish the two of you like brothers, and you know this. I want what is best for you and I think it is time to admit something to you."

"Huh?" Blayth asked, confused.

"I kind of made arrangements for you two to end up in the same room at the barracks when I first met you." Lucius said, smiling sheepishly.

"Knew something was up with that." Blayth rolled his eyes, "In that huge barracks, the two generals had to share a room."

"You two needed someone to help you through things, and I wouldn't have been there all the time, so I figured you could help each other."

Blayth sighed before saying, "Perhaps. But how does that change things now."

"You have known each other forever. You have lived together for so long, and now being together intimately will definitely stir up feelings you never thought you'd have for each other."

"One-sided feelings." Blayth supplied.

Lucius shook his head as he said, "Not true. Leon has always had issues expressing himself. Hell, he barely smiles when he is happy."

"I guess."

"If there is one thing I am sure of is that Leon has feelings for you too. He is just scared." Lucius explained.

"So what do you suggest?" Blayth asked.

"Speak to him." Lucius said, "Get him to admit what is holding him back."