:: Date Night ::

I slowly stood up and made my way over to the principal. I walked past the football team and the school mascot. Principal Maloy gave me the microphone when I reached him.

"Good morning everyone. I did not prepare for this, my morning was very rough." I lied.

"This morning I woke up with a new sense of what I wanted. What we all want. We want equality, and justice." I said and everyone nodded their heads.

"Yeah!" I heard a girl yelling from the crowd so I smiled.

"They say let's make this a fair fight but in the end the school board decides who becomes valedictorian, a bunch of men, they get to decide who is fit to be the leader. But no more. If we truly want to make this a fair fight let the students decide. Because only they know who is fit to lead them, to guide them. Only they know who could truly make this school a better place. Vote for equality, vote for me, vote for Valorie Russ." I said and the crowd erupted into a fit of applauds and cheers. I was surprised at how they responded.

"Yeah!" Wyatt yelled before lifting his shirt to show off his abs. Then I saw Jay stand up to glare at Wyatt, who sat down in fear. People had banners, where they got them from I don't know.

I walked past Eli with a clean smirk on my face and he seemed really angry, raging I might even say. I went back to my seat and everyone applauded me as I walked past them.

"That was amazing." Katy gushed as I sat next to her. "I made a video and posted it on our vlog and it is blowing up. People are sharing this like their lives depends on it." Katy said before showing her phone to me.

"Nice Val. I'm looking forward to your speech next Monday." Leyla said with a smile on her face.

"You can count on my vote." Sasha said as she passed me and I smiled at her.

"You were on fire girl." Mia said when she passed Katy and I and I was honestly so happy. Everyone is so supportive. This is great.

Katy went to math and I went to physics when the bell rang. After two extremely long periods the bell rang for the lunch break. Katy, Jay, Emma, Wyatt and I were sitting at a table. Toby soon joined us and congratulated me on my speech. Eli was sitting with, Chloe and Clay, and the entire football team. Is that Kesha?

What the f...

I placed a fry in my mouth before focussing on the conversation between my friends. They were talking about a party which I will not be attending. But I listened in anyway. Wyatt's having a late birthday party and apparently everyone in school is invited.

The rest of the day went by extremely fast. I had a video chat with my parents and fell asleep while they were still talking to me. They said that the kid they want to adopt is meeting them for the first time on Saturday. I asked to meet him, since I'm going home to be with Mica.

The next morning I woke up and did my morning routine before slipping out of my bedroom once more. Today I had a ton of books and flyers in my hands. Luckily Jay was there to lock my door and also to help me carry the papers outside.

My day was going to be very busy, so I'll have to multitask. I even had to skip breakfast because I had to put up my flyers. Eli had his papers up yesterday afternoon, I'll just hang mine over his.

The morning announcements went off and everyone stopped what they were doing to listen. Chloe and Wyatt appeared on the screen, they always did the announcements.

When they were done reading the menu and spreading the latest rumours, Chloe told everyone to "vote for Eli" Then Wyatt said "vote for Val" and I was smiling from ear to ear. It's good to have people on your side. Chloe glared at Wyatt and I walked away from the screen and into the direction of my first class. I've become extremely popular, everyone in school knows my name and what I stand for.

I feel like the mother of girl power. These people look up to me and I will not disappoint them. I will bring equal rights for both boys and girls to this school, before I graduate next year.

The day flew by and soon I found myself getting ready for my date with Jay. I decided on wearing my cream coloured glitter open-back one-piece. I let my hair loose to fall behind my back. I quickly did my make-up to go with the look and topped the outfit off with light pink heels.

I heard a gentle knock on the door so I opened it and was surprised to see an elderly man. I frowned at him before narrowing my eyes.

"Can I help you?" I asked and the man smiled at me.

"I'm the chauffeur of the Mathers family. I'm here to pick you up for your date with the young master." The old man explained to me and I gave him an oh look. I quickly grabbed my purse and cellphone before walking outside and closing my door.

"You look beautiful miss Russ." The man said and I smiled.

"Thank you but call me Val." I suggested and he nodded.

"Then I guess you can call me Berton." He said and this time I nodded. He reminds me of my grandpa, only difference is if he was here he'd be busy rapping or dancing.

We drove to an unknown location. Berton wouldn't tell me where we were going, no matter how many times I asked him. I slumped back in my seat because Berton wouldn't crack, and I had become tired of asking.

"We have arrived." He said and I sat upright. My tummy was in a tight knot as my nerves were building up. I looked through the windshield and noticed that we were by the docks. Berton opened the door for me and helped me get out.

I spotted a white yacht with Jay standing at the entrance. He was wearing a black suit paired with a black dress shirt. He smiled when he saw me and I blushed a deep shade of red. I let go of Berton's hand and walk towards the yacht.

Jay gently took my hand in his when I finally reached the top of the staircase. He took in my whole appearance before smiling again. I have never seen him smile this much before.

"You look beautiful." He whispered in my ear and my legs felt like Jell-O. His hand rested on the small of my back as he guided me to the railing. His hand remained on my back as we watched the ocean in all of her glory.

"This is beautiful." I said and he looked at me with a glint in his eye. "And you're perfect." I told him.