:: Until I Fall ::

I realised I was really drunk when I almost tripped turning around, I somehow managed to walk over to him. I grabbed a cup and filled it with vodka and ice.

"Don't you think you've had enough?" Jay asked before taking the cup from me.

"No." I smiled and took the cup from him. I took a huge gulp and looked up at him.

He grabbed the cup from my hand and threw the alcohol out onto the floor.

"I told you, you're not the bus of me." I spoke drunkly. "You will- not tell me wha- at to do." I continued with a lazy tongue.

"We're leaving." He said seriously.

"But I wanna stay." I whined lazily.

"Valorie." He said my name like I have never heard it before.

"It's Val." I whined again. He pulled me over his shoulder and headed for the door. "You smell good." I admitted drunkly while taking in his scent.

"Mom I'm being kidnapped by a handsome drug lord who smells like pine trees and sandalwood, call 911." I said holding my phone to my ear, I
giggled uncontrollably. Jay took the phone out of my hand and continued his walking.

I drifted off to sleep as I felt I was with someone that could keep me safe.

"Valorie?" I heard after a while, I opened my eyes and looked around me. I was upside down for some reason, then I realised Jay was holding me over his shoulder.

"Where's your keys?" He asked softly.

"Somewhere in my pocket." I said drunkly. He took it out before I could. His fingertips briefly rubbed against the skin on my back. His other hand firmly gripped my thigh. He placed the key into the hole while I rubbed small circles on his back.

Then he groaned, and I removed my hand from his back as if I touched something that was burning me.

He opened the door and walked inside. He carefully placed me in bed, I snuggled into my warm blankets before closing my eyes. He started walking towards the door.

"Jay, don't go." I said softly. "Stay until I fall asleep, please." I begged him.

He walked over and laid behind me. His arm slowly made it's way around my waist, making me feel secure.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I asked drunkly as we laid in the dark.

"Because you won't remember any of this tomorrow." He said softly.

"I'm sorry for making you cry." I heard him say after a while.

"I forgive you." I said softly.

I laid in his arms asking a bunch of unanswered questions. I finally drifted off to sleep when his thumb started rubbing small circles on my thigh.

~

The next morning I woke up to the sound of my alarm. As soon as I opened my eyes, my head started aching. I looked over to my nightstand, there was a pill and a glass of water on it, I drank the pill without hesitation.