:: When To Say When ::

The next morning I followed my usual morning routine before going to the cafeteria. Once I stepped inside I heard a few whispers as I walked by. I sat down at our table and Toby placed his arm around my shoulder.

"Good morning, Tobias." I greeted him and he rolled his eyes at me. "Hey guys." I greeted the others and they lazily responded.

"What happened to you guys?" I asked curiously and Eli tilted his head.

"We are seriously hung over, trust me you don't wanna know." He told me and I raised an eyebrow.

"Interesting. Now I definitely want to know. As a matter of fact I deserve to know, since I'm your friend." I reckoned and Emma giggled.

"We stumbled across a guy that was selling LSD." She stated and my mouth literally fell open. That is drugs!

"You mean drugs? Why would you do that?" I asked wide eyed and they smiled at me.

"Because it was really expensive, and now we have the worst headaches." She whined.

"Why would you guys do drugs?" I asked again.

"Oh come on Val, you've taken Ritalin with us before, which is also drugs." Kesha said and I shook my head.

"No that is prescribed medicine, there's a difference." I told them and Kesha shook her head.

"I don't think so, it still has the effect of a drug so it must be a drug." Kesha said and I threw my hands in the air. No use in arguing with her.

"Where's Jay?" I asked and as if he heard me he slumped onto the seat next to me.

"I'm here." He said in a husky tone and my tummy did a backflip, I must be really hungry. I mean why else would my tummy feel like that.

"Oh great. I bet you're late because of the hangover." I stated the obvious and he frowned at me.

"Hangover?" He asked then he looked at our friends. "I didn't do it with them." He stated and my jaw dropped.

"You didn't?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Lucky bastard." Kesha whispered under her breath and Jay glared at her. She just rolled her eyes at him before continuing to eat her breakfast.

"I'm not lucky I just know when to stop or when to say no. Unlike you guys. You did drugs and now you're paying the consequences. I hope you won't do it again since you're feeling awful." Jay said and they stared at him with dropped jaws.

"We won't do it again. Duh." Emma said.

"You better not." Jay stated and she smiled at him. "I don't want to be associated with a bunch of drug addicts." Jay said and they all gasped.

"Dick." Toby said as if he was hurt and Jay laughed at him. His deep dimples appeared on his perfect cheeks. He gave a pearly white smile when he was done laughing.

"I agree with Jason on this one." I said and everyone laughed except for Jay.

"Really?" He asked and I frowned. "Jason?" He asked and I chuckled. "You really just called me Jason?" He asked in shock and I laughed even more.

"Well you're the one calling me Valorie all the time."

"My real name is Jay, not Jason." He said and I laughed at him.

"I know I made it up." I told him and he shook his head.

"Do it again and I'll tell everyone you confessed your undying love for me via email." He threatened and I laughed at his plan.

"That's the worst plan ever. But, people do tend to believe everything that you say so I will indeed stop calling you Jason, Jason." I said and he playfully narrowed his eyes at me.

"I hear Jane invited you to dinner for Friday night." Jay said and I nodded.

"Wow news travels fast around here." I said and he frowned.

"They're my girlfriend's parents. Plus they invited me too." He said and I nodded. "I'm just glad you're going. Maybe this time something exciting will actually happen." Jay stated.

"Is it that boring?" I asked in disbelief and he nodded.

"Oh and wear something beautiful, because they tend to go all out with these dinners. I think they're inviting some of their friends too." He warned and I smiled.

"Well thanks for the warning or tip, whatever that was." I told him in appreciation.

"You're welcome." He said before grabbing a piece of bacon from my plate. I whined but he just laughed at me. "I was gonna eat that." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Oh shit sorry I didn't know." He said sarcastically and I looked at him as if he was an alien.

"It was lying in my plate silly." I told him and he laughed at me again.

"Oh Valorie. Just calm the fuck down. It's just bacon." He said and I gasped in disbelief.

"Just bacon? Just bacon!?" I asked and he nodded. "How dare you? That pig meant something." I said and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Sure he did. I bet he thought so too right before they cut his head off." Jay laughed when he saw my eyes go wide.

"Okay. Now I see why my dad is vegetarian."

"No shit Sherlock." He chuckled.

"Calling the pig a he is sexist it could've been a girl pig." I said and Jay laughed. "I think I'm going to become a vegetarian." I told him and he looked at me in disbelief. "I'll give it a try for a month." I added and Jay shook his head.

"You're fucking crazy, and beautiful." He said under his breath and I frowned.

"Huh?" I asked because I couldn't tell if I heard correctly and he smiled.

"Nothing, I said you were crazy and unstable." He said and I gasped in shock.

"I forgot how rude you are." I told him and he gave me a corner of a smile. "I am not unstable." I said and the bell rang right after I finished my sentence. "Gotta go bye." I told my friends as I jumped up.

"Where are you going Val? We always walk to school together." Emma stated and I pursed my lips together.

"Right. I just told Katy I'd catch up with her. She must already be waiting for me." I told them and they all looked shocked. "I guess I'll walk with you guys to school. Then I'll catch up with Katy." I added and they still looked at me in disbelief.

"Are you serious?" Toby asked and I nodded.

"Kinda, yeah." I said and he shook his head.