:: Friends Forever ::

When we arrived after a two hour flight, I decided to go to my room and sleep for the alcohol to leave my system. I was exhausted and for some reason thinking about Clay.

I allowed papi sleep to take me to a different dimension for another eight hours where I knew all of these thoughts about Clay wouldn't exist.

When I woke up the next morning my head was pounding. I sat upright in my bed while my hand rested on my forehead. On my nightstand was a red smoothie, a bottle of water, a white pill and a granola energy bar. I smiled in content because who could be so sweet. This is so similar to Jay's hangover kit.

I grabbed the smoothie and took a big gulp. I almost spit it back out but I gulped it down. A tomato smoothie?! That's disgusting. I placed the almost empty glass back on my nightstand and grabbed the bottle and pill. I drank it and my headache vanished in an instance.

I stood up and went into my bathroom, I took a long warm shower, when I was done I dried myself and got dressed. I decided on wearing black ripped jeans paired with an off-shoulder brown knitted top. I wore my hair down and I did natural make-up.

I slipped on my brown open toe heals and tied the laces before I went downstairs. The house was quiet, I'm guessing my dad is at work and my mom is probably at the mall or somewhere. I grabbed an apple and my car keys before I slipped out the door.

I drove off to Mica's house, the sun was shining through my windscreen which placed me in a slightly better mood than I was before. The radio was playing softly in the background.

I stopped in front of Mica's house after ten minutes of driving. I used to come here so often that it started to feel like a second home to me. I grabbed my phone after I took the key out of the ignition.

I walked to the front door and rang the doorbell. The door opened and revealed Mrs Salvador. I pulled her into a tight hug when I noticed the dark circles under her eyes. When she pulled back her cheeks were wet.

"He's in his room darling. Thank you for coming home." She said and I nodded.

"Are you okay?" I asked her and she nodded with a sad smile on her face.

"Just talk some sense into his head Val, I don't recognise my son anymore. He's changed completely." She said and another tear slipped from her eye, I hugged her again before I went upstairs to Mica's room.

I knocked before I opened the door. Mica was sitting at his desk with his face in his hands. He didn't even look up to see who it was so I walked over to him.

I rested my hand on his shoulder and his head snapped up at me. He also had dark circles under his eyes. I placed my hand on his cheek while my other hand ran through his brown locks. He grabbed onto my waist before he buried his face into my belly. He started crying and I rubbed his back.

"I'm sorry, Val. I didn't mean to do it, I didn't mean it. I'm sorry, tell my mom, Val." He said and I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I've never seen my best friend this broken in all of the years I've known him.

He held onto my body while he let it all out so I rubbed his back in a comforting manner.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He said and I could tell that he was blaming himself for what happened. This is not right, I bet Mason is moving on with his life, he's already used to being a jailbird.

"You're okay." I said and he calmed down. "I'm here and as long as I'm here you'll be okay." I told him and he pulled away from me. "I got you." I told him and he looked at me with red eyes.

"Mason killed him." He said and my breath got caught in my throat. My eyes widened in shock and fear. "He killed him." Mica said and I frowned at this point I was afraid of what I would hear next.

"Mica who did he kill?" I asked and he shook his head at me.

"I can't tell you, I shouldn't have said anything. If they find out that you know, they'll come for both of us, Val." He said and I frowned even more.

"Mica what have you gotten yourself into, who were you involved with?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Some drug dealers." He said and I frowned.

"Are you using?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"No, never." He said and I nodded slowly as I was a little relieved.

"Tell me what happened. It's good to talk to someone. I'm your best friend, you know I'll never tell your secrets to others." I said and he sighed in defeat.

"The supplier, he killed the guy in the red hoodie. The guy that brought us the drugs to sell." He said before frowning. "I couldn't hear what they were arguing about, it all happened so fast. Next thing I knew he shot him. We ran and the next day the police came knocking at my door so I made up a story and lied to them. I don't know how long I'll be able to use that alibi." He said and I rubbed his arm.

"We'll think of something. You're innocent Mica." I said and he frowned.

"I witnessed a murder and I kept quiet. That makes me an accomplice." He said and I shook my head.