:: Dashton Street ::

I closed my door behind me before I headed outside. I wonder where Clay is usually he'd pick me up while I'm still busy. I walk outside anyway. I already lied to Miss von Hugel, I told her that my parents were in town and that they needed me to come to dinner with my dying uncle. She gave me permission and I ate two spoons of sugar to stop the hiccups.

The sun had already set outside so I quickened my pace. Clay told me we were going to the coffee shop on Dashton street, I called an Uber and waited ten minutes for it to arrive.

Deep down inside of me I wanted Clay to come pick me up but there was no sign of him. I climbed into the Uber and dialled Clay's number. His phone went straight to voicemail and I frowned, his phone is never off. Maybe his battery died?

I climbed off at the cafe and the taxi driver greeted me before driving off again. I sucked in a deep breath before opening the door to the cafe. I took a seat at a table and looked at my phone.

No calls, no texts, no nothing. I'm starting to get really worried. What if something happened to him? I placed my phone on the table and looked around me. I noticed a few familiar faces from school.

"Hello, beautiful lady how may I take your order. I'm Tyron your waiter." He stated in a bubbly tone, I couldn't help but smile at the blonde stranger in front of me.

"I'll take a hot chocolate." I told him and he shot me a pearly white smile.

"Coming right up." He said before dashing off.

I drank my cup of hot chocolate that Tyron brought to my table.

This is what my inbox looked like.

Clay?

Where are you baby?

I'm getting really worried, please call me back.

Clay are you there, did something come up?

Baby should I wait up for you?

I haven't texted him after that I don't wanna come off as needy. But I need him to be here with me, but he's not. I waited another fifteen minutes and stared at my empty cup of hot chocolate.

I called Tyron and he came dashing through the kitchen doors. "How may I help you my lady?" He asked.

"Another one of these and a blueberry muffin." I told him and he did a curtsy before walking off. He brought me another cup of steaming hot chocolate. I went to the bathroom after finishing my second cup and muffin.

Maybe when I'm done he'll be waiting for me inside. I washed my hands when I was done doing my business, then I powdered my nose. I walked outside looking at my table and the door, but there was still no sign of Clay Anderson.

Okay universe, I get the message.

I ignored the universe and took a seat at my table once again, I checked my phone and there was still no messages or missed calls from Clay.

I've been here for two hours and I feel pretty stupid. I stood up from my seat and walked towards the counter to pay. I looked at the door once again and sighed painfully. He isn't going to come.

I get it.

My phone started ringing in my hand and a hint of hope set fire in my heart, but that fire died down when I saw Toby's name flashing on my screen. I picked the call up and listened to him rambling on.

"Toby slow down." I told him before walking out of the cafe. I stood under a street light and listened to Toby calming his breathing.

"You need to go on Instagram right now because Chloe just posted a pic of her, Jay, Clay and Michelle. You know his ex girlfriend. The blonde bitch." He stated as if I was dumb.

I went on Instagram while Toby was still on the line. I searched Chloe, we already follow each other even though I hate her guts. I scrolled down and saw Clay with Michelle sitting on his lap and Jay was kissing Chloe's cheek. How romantic?

"Well fuck them all." I cussed under my breath but Toby heard me.

"Val should I come pick you up?" Toby asked and I shook my head as if he could see me. "I'm coming stay right where you are." He said before hanging up the call.

I stood under the streetlight for what felt like an eternity. Then Toby arrived with Eli in the passenger seat.

"Tonight I'm gonna fucking kill him" Eli said while opening my door for me. "Toby go to their fucking party." Eli said and Toby simply nodded.

WHAT THE FUUCCCK!! They wanna go there and crash their party? Like seriously? What. The. Fuuckkk??

"Maybe we should just go back to campus." I told them and they both looked at me as if I've grown two heads. "MOTHERFUCKER!" I yelled angrily. "They memed me!" I stated shockingly.

I saw a picture of me sitting in the cafe with my phone in my hand and next to my photo was a photo of Clay and Michelle. "If desperate was a person." I read the text above the picture. I scrolled down and saw that the picture already has 5k views, so everyone at school has seen this. Our school population is five hundred. FUCK ME!