Why on earth I nod my head when she can't see it before realizing I actually need to use words. "Of course, this is your area of expertise."

  "I think this is going to overall be the best you get. You could get a higher offer, but if the buyer's mortgage company doesn't feel that the house is worth it, that could stall the whole process. Cash really is king in a seller's market."

  I set the phone on the coffee table and run my hands through my hair, pulling it up and using the band around my wrist to secure it in place. My stomach flips as soon as I start to say the words, "alright. Let's go with that one."

  "Wonderful! I'll email the paperwork over to you and let them know you accept. Congratulations, Miss Lucas!" 

  The fear that's causing my heart to beat faster doesn't quite match Bonnie's enthusiasm. And I start silently counting in my head. "Thanks for your help."

  "Sure thing! Oh, did Chelsea get in touch with you yet? About those commercial listings?"

 Before I can answer I have to swallow down the bile that's threatening to make an appearance. "Yeah, she did. I'm meeting with her in just a few days actually. Which, thanks to you I now remember I need to book a rental car," I think quickly, trying to get off the call. "I better take care of that now before it slips my mind again."

  "Okay then! Be on the lookout for those DocuSigns," she reminds me again before we give our goodbyes and hang up. 

  I head into the small home office, which really isn't much larger than a walk in closet. A few clicks on my computer and I'm staring at multiple rental options, all to be picked up from the airport. When I finally decide on just a small compact car, since it will just be  me making the trip, I notice my hand shaking as it hovers over the mouse pad, waiting for me to confirm my information. 

  I jerk my hand away, shaking it out as if that will change the anxiety I feel coursing through my veins. I give myself a moment, leaning up on my elbows, resting against the desk. My hands clasped, I sit my chin on the top of them. I close my eyes, take a deep breath, and I see him. 

  In my mind's eye, he's sitting on his porch waiting for me. His face lighting up the closer I get to his steps. He meets me right in front of his door, taking my hands in his. "No matter what, keep writing your story, Ope." 

  I feel a slight calm come over me. It's strong enough to make me open my eyes and click confirm on the website.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "So this one probably needs the most work, but it has some of the strongest history," Chelsea informs me as I follow her down the cobblestone sidewalk towards the next home. "It was built in the 1800s, but because of its location, it wasn't effected by the fire during the Civil War."

  "Wow, that is definitely incredible," I agree with her as we round the corner. I lift my eyes from the path and take in the gorgeous Victorian home in front of me. There's an immediate surge through me that I actually stop walking and just stare.

  Chelsea notices and stands beside me. "Good right?" her brows wiggle as she smirks. 

  "Unless the inside is just one big hole, I think this might be it." 

  She motions for me to follow her again, leading me up the continuous cobblestone path to the stairs. I take a moment to let my mind wander at the possibilities of this incredible porch. Chelsea must notice because she chimes in "it's a wrap around, too."  I may or may not have squealed. 

  The outside of the house is painted yellow, with grey trimmings. My mind is already at work, thinking about how beautiful it could be painted grey with black and white trimmings. "Ready to see inside?" I give a nod while my head is still looking at the worn railings.