.105.

A/N *This one is slightly different than normal, but just because it covers moments over the course of a few days.*

Chris POV

The morning before Opal returns to Jacksonville finds us sitting on the roof of my apartment once more, preparing to take in the sunrise this time. There's a comfortable silence between us as we sip our coffees, waiting for that first break of dawn through the night sky. We lean against the railing that runs along the side of the roof.

"Ya know, we could've just watched the sunrise from bed," I remind her, knowing how much she loves the floor to ceiling windows in my bedroom.

"After learning this was an option the other night? No sir. Your bedroom is the perfect place to watch when it's freezing, but it's June. I think we'll be just fine watching it from here while it's warm."

"Fair enough," I concede before taking her hand in mine, leading her to one of the deck chairs. After placing my coffee down on the ground I sit down first scooting all the way back, before bringing her to sit between my legs. She leans back against my chest before taking another sip, my arms wrapped around her.

"My two favorite things," she hums against the lid.

"Coffee and sunrises?"

She turns her head a bit to the side to catch my eyes. "Coffee and your arms." I squeeze her a little tighter, placing a kiss on top of her hair, letting my lips rest there.

"I can hardly wait to do this forever, ya know," I admit, feeling her sigh against my chest. "Sunrises, sunsets, and all the moments in between."

Opal shifts completely now, turning onto her side, curling up more into my lap. Her eyes sparkle up at me, joy radiating from her smile. "Is this really happening?"

I run my hand over her hair. "What's that, love?"

"Am I really going to get everything I've always longed for?"

My heart soars at her words, hearing how far she's come. "If I have anything to say about it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Opal POV

A few days have passed since I've returned from Atlanta sporting my newest accessory on my left hand.

Upon my return to Magnolia I discover that Pops had managed to call Mila and tell her the exciting news. Imagine my shock when I open my office to see it decorated with banners of congratulations and balloons hailing "Bride to Be."

"Set a date yet?" Mila's voice asks from behind me as I stand in awe of my office.

"No, not yet," I chuckle, setting my purse down on my desk to see it has been adorned with confetti.

"You're gonna have it here, right? Let me make the food and the cake? I'm sure we can black out some dates this fall," she begins rambling causing my chest to feel a bit tight.

"Whoa, friend. Slow down. We've actually not discussed any logistics yet." Truth be told I think Chris is giving me the opportunity to just enjoy this time a bit longer before more craziness ensues. He knows pushing me doesn't get very far until I come to my own senses.

Mila holds her hands up in surrender, backing up out of my office door. "I'll go back to my own office then," she says with a smile and a wink before closing the door behind her.

I collapse into my office chair, just taking in my surroundings for a moment longer. My eyes drift to my ring finger causing the corners of my mouth to turn up. I've been smiling so much lately my cheeks hurt. I still can't believe he remembered my mom telling me that I'd one day have a ring that would only ever rest on my finger. Even though I know this was his grandmother's he still recreated it to be my one of a kind engagement ring. The thoughtfulness of this man knows no bounds.