.109.

Opal POV

  Atlanta doesn't look much different than it had two weeks ago, but the temperature is a different story. Arriving to Chris' apartment midday, the sun is blazing hot, however the humidity is still nothing like it is in North Florida. The humidity in Atlanta feels much stronger, due to the fact that the closest body of water is hundreds of miles away.

  "I have a surprise for you," Chris teases as we ride the elevator up to his floor. The baseball cap still sitting in its exact spot since 5:30 this morning, backwards. Effectively driving my insides crazy through the entirety of the trip.

  "When do you not have a surprise for me, Evans?" I question him, knowing good and well this man lives for seeing a constant state of shock on my face.

  He gives a chuckle as the elevator dings, alerting us to his floor. "Well, I mean it's not a huge surprise by any means, but something I think you'll enjoy none the less." He unlocks the door, holding it open for me to enter first. I almost expect to see the surprise right there on the kitchen table, waiting, but yet nothing seems out of place. 

  I watch as he sets the duffle down on the coffee table and takes my suitcase and garment bag into his bedroom. I don't follow him, instead giving myself plenty of time to watch the bulging of his biceps as he lifts the suitcase that I'm sure is a minimum of thirty pounds. Or his calves from under his cargo shorts, taut and sculpted from years of time at the gym. And the look on his face when he turns back around reminds me that I'm very obviously ogling him. 

  Chris takes a step towards me, his head cocked a bit to the side, his eyes playful as he smirks back at me. "Whatcha doin there, Ope?"

  I'm leaned back against the wall opposite of his bedroom door. "Just lookin."

  "Looking for?"

  I shyly bite on my lower lip to attempt to keep myself from smiling, knowing it is indeed a failing battle. "An opportunity to do this," I say before moving quickly and jumping into his arms. Chris caught on fast and was ready and waiting to toss his arms around me, holding me up by my thighs as my lips attack his own. 

  I feel him move backwards before sitting on the edge of his bed. He releases my thighs as I rest on his lap, his hands now finding their place woven through my hair, deepening the kiss more than I thought was actually possible. His lips leave my own before kissing across my jaw and down to my neck. His breathing is heavy as he asks a question between kisses. "Not, that I'm complaining, but what was that for?"

  Bringing myself quickly back to reality and the predicament I've put myself in, so willing to lose myself in this moment, I pull back from the onslaught of kisses he's giving me, with a pout. "This." I pull the cap off of his head, his hair an absolute  mess underneath it.

  "My cap?" He honestly looks confused, which makes him even more hot in this moment.

  "Yes, your cap." I toss it behind him on the bed before grabbing his face in the palms of my hands. "I've been having to look at you for the last seven hours with that hat sitting backwards."

  His eyes squint as he looks back at me. "I'm sorry," he says, still confused.

  "Don't be. Do that again, and I can promise the attack will be much worse," I say with a smile.

  I can actually see the lightbulb go off in his head. His eyebrows shoot up, as he smirks. "Oh really? The backwards cap does it for ya?" 

  "Did I not make that obvious?"

  "No," he shakes his head slowly. "I think we should work on your delivery." He wiggles his eyebrows, causing me to throw my head back in laughter before removing myself from his lap. He flops back onto the bed, eliciting a groan.